Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this forum extensively and have found very little for replacement handlebars for the '13 XC. There are plenty of chrome bars out there for the '12 and earlier, but finding something in black is not so easy. I believe the HMD Pullback bar is the only one available right now (http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC---Bars-36).

Looking for black, straight pull back-no apes. Any input would be outstanding.

Scott K.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Someone here posted about those awhile back. I would love a set myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
154 Posts
xc bars

Got mine from Santa Rosa Vtwin...raw, them had them powder coated locally (gloss black)...saved $$$$.

mike

I have searched this forum extensively and have found very little for replacement handlebars for the '13 XC. There are plenty of chrome bars out there for the '12 and earlier, but finding something in black is not so easy. I believe the HMD Pullback bar is the only one available right now (http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC---Bars-36).

Looking for black, straight pull back-no apes. Any input would be outstanding.

Scott K.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got mine from Santa Rosa Vtwin...raw, them had them powder coated locally (gloss black)...saved $$$$.

mike
I have searched their website extensively, and I cannot find anything like that. Any links or product name etc? Also, do you have pics of your bars?

Thanks.
-Scott K

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
2 inch pull backs

I have searched their website extensively, and I cannot find anything like that. Any links or product name etc? Also, do you have pics of your bars?

Thanks.
-Scott K
Found them searching this site...will post link if I can find it again. got tired of sitting and waiting for pics to load.

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found them searching this site...will post link if I can find it again. got tired of sitting and waiting for pics to load.
Anybody else use Santa Rosa Vee Twin? Looking for link/pictures anything to check them out.
Thanks.
-Scott K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ness Modular Apes for XCT

Just to share my experience -- I followed ORBiker's lead and bought the Ness Modular Apes for my 2013 Cross Country Tour. He was very kind about meeting me and letting me sit on the bike to size them up. Here are my impressions after using them for several months. First, they are very nice quality, good-looking bars. Second, the wrist-angle adjustments make for a very comfortable wrist position - you can tune them just the way you would like. However, here are the negatives: First, Arlen Ness has the worst customer service I have ever encountered -- just try to get them to answer the phone or return an e-mail message. Once they have sold the product to you and have your money, you can forget about ever interacting with them again. But here is the show-stopper for me: I was told (or read somewhere) that you could get up to 2" of additional pull-back from these bars when compared to the OEM bars: NOT SO. If anything, at the same height they have slightly less pullback than factory bars. The only way to get more pullback is to crank them back toward you -- and as you do, you probably lose more height than you gain pullback, so to bring the bars closer to you you actually have to crank them downward toward your waist. Before you have gained very much pullback, the bars end up too low for safety and comfort. So, long-armed people who don't need to gain pullback will like these bars. Smaller people like me (5'8" with 33" sleeve length) will not be happy if they were thinking they could gain pullback. I am going to yank these bars and replace them with HeliBars, so if any of you are looking for a nice set of bars with wrist angle adjustments, and you don't need to gain some pullback compared to OEM stock bars, then maybe I can make you a deal. Tom 541-683-5230

·
Registered
827 Posts
Just to share my experience -- I followed ORBiker's lead and bought the Ness Modular Apes for my 2013 Cross Country Tour. He was very kind about meeting me and letting me sit on the bike to size them up. Here are my impressions after using them for several months. First, they are very nice quality, good-looking bars. Second, the wrist-angle adjustments make for a very comfortable wrist position - you can tune them just the way you would like. However, here are the negatives: First, Arlen Ness has the worst customer service I have ever encountered -- just try to get them to answer the phone or return an e-mail message. Once they have sold the product to you and have your money, you can forget about ever interacting with them again. But here is the show-stopper for me: I was told (or read somewhere) that you could get up to 2" of additional pull-back from these bars when compared to the OEM bars: NOT SO. If anything, at the same height they have slightly less pullback than factory bars. The only way to get more pullback is to crank them back toward you -- and as you do, you probably lose more height than you gain pullback, so to bring the bars closer to you you actually have to crank them downward toward your waist. Before you have gained very much pullback, the bars end up too low for safety and comfort. So, long-armed people who don't need to gain pullback will like these bars. Smaller people like me (5'8" with 33" sleeve length) will not be happy if they were thinking they could gain pullback. I am going to yank these bars and replace them with HeliBars, so if any of you are looking for a nice set of bars with wrist angle adjustments, and you don't need to gain some pullback compared to OEM stock bars, then maybe I can make you a deal. Tom 541-683-5230

That's sucks that they are too short for you Tom. Mine are a bit too short for me too. I am going to make some longer bar pieces to go into the grips. I'm thinking about 5" longer.

P.S. are you going to the Mystery Ride on Sunday June 6th?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for commenting. Sucks to be short! Can't make the ride on the 6th. I am attending a mass baptism ceremony for 7 little toddler nieces and nephews in Portland! I'll let you know how the Helis work out when I finally make the leap!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts