Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have a new to me 2013 and I have already installed a Trask Hot Rod exhaust. Bike has been sitting in the garage until I get to install the Lloyds intake, Timing gear, and Power Commander V. Dyno tune once everything is installed. I have a few questions regarding my upgrades as this is my first Victory.

1. Can the bike be safely ridden with JUST the exhaust. This will be until I install the other parts and get it to the dyno tuner. With my Harleys, if it's just the exhaust OR intake, it is said to be safe. Want to confirm if that is the case with the Victory.

2a. Anyone have a link to a Power Commander V install? The only video I found on YT is VERY dark. To the point it frustrates me to watch. Hopefully there is a better one out there.
2b. I believe the 2013 doesn't need exhaust rectifiers. Only the 2016 and 2017 from what I've gathered. Want to confirm.

3.ABS light is on. Previous owner says he had a friend disconnect it because he preferred it that way. But he couldn't show me what was disconnected. If he was telling me the truth, where would one disconnect the ABS on this bike? Both sensor? ABS Control module?

Thanks in advance for any help. I will continue searching my particular issues, and if I find definitive answers, I will remove the items above as I do.

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
1. Yes. You can change the exhaust and run it without any tune. We learned early on we could unplug the O2 sensors to put it into a richer AFR condition and to pull the sound gasket under the front of the gas tank. These mods would gain about 8-10 hp. Obviously the goal is to get it to a good stage 1 level with a tune, freer flowing intake and exhaust, to gain more power and a better sound.

2. Save yourself some time and effort plus get a good tune by going with the Maximus. I'm running the PC-V but that's because that was state of the art at the time. Now the Maximus remote tune is. Contact Noe at the link below.

https://www.noemtz.com/

3. I have no idea about the ABS. My 2011 didn't come with it.

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
ABS, assuming they only unplugged the sensors and left them in place, just follow the wires.

The rear ABS connector is under left side cover. The front I think is inside the fairing? Others can confirm that.

If the sensors are gone then your looking at $150 each for new. Used sensor maybe $100. It's just a plug and go. Gap has to be set right for the tone ring but that's not difficult.

Oh yeah ABS light won't shut off until you moving 10+ MPH so sitting in garage the light will be on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts