Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the schematic for the 2013 headlight system. The service manual just shows the HID CIRCUIT. Also where are the headlight bulb specs?
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well for one think look at the wiring for that part of the bike. ther service manual really sucks for a complete electrical set.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
well for one think look at the wiring for that part of the bike. ther service manual really sucks for a complete electrical set.
Jim,
What are you trying to do?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why is everyone asking what I am trying to do? Lol I was simply asking for a electrical schematic of that part of the bike. :) but I will be putting on a headlight modulator soon.
Jim

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Why is everyone asking what I am trying to do? Lol I was simply asking for a electrical schematic of that part of the bike. :) but I will be putting on a headlight modulator soon.
Jim
Tap the wire that goes to your high beam (bottom bulb) for the modulator.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks but I know that. :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Jim

if you have headlight questions Crossroads would be the man to ask!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Does anyone have the schematic for the 2013 headlight system. The service manual just shows the HID CIRCUIT. Also where are the headlight bulb specs?
Jim
Jim, I've just scanned in two pages of my "2012 SERVICE MANUAL" (which I bought with my bike, in March 2012), and put them up as PDF pages on my web site. Here are the links:

http://www.billanddot.com/Specifications-p1.8.pdf
http://www.billanddot.com/Headlamp-System-Wiring-p19.5.pdf

That spec page shows the headlight as "High H-11", which is a halogen bulb spec, and "Low: D1SR", which I gather is how HIDs are designated. After the initial release year of 2012, it's my understanding that Vic changed the XCT setup from that to a double-halogen setup, so my manual is not current.

The other link shows the headlight wiring system (as of 2012). You'll want to look at that on a monitor, instead of paper, in order to enlarge it.

Don't touch the glass on the bulbs with bare hands, if you didn't know that.

Since post-2012 XCTs have dual halogens, it's my belief that for those bikes you can choose to modulate either the high or low beams, your choice. I believe that reading vendor info from modulator manufacturers will confirm that that's a choice you can make. (Also, I had a modulator on a bike about 15 years ago, and that's what I recall, back in the day.)

Hope some of this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bill you are right. i have dual halogens . i thought they were HID, but i found out they stopped putting HID's in them in 2013. i am going to order the Kisan modulators

1 - 11 of 11 Posts