1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Me likey... A lot!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gotta say... Probably the best looking Ness creation in a long time.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Now this is closer to a cafe bike. Paint it black, keep the gold pinstripes as is, add a second disc on the front, move the pegs back near the swing arm pivot, inverted forks, and then go look for some unsuspecting squids on sport bikes. The exhaust note alone would probably make them soil themselves. This is what I was hoping for. A real American sport bike. Heck, just sale it as is. I can fix the rest.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Wow! Zack hit the nail on the head with this one. Tons of character. thumb up

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
13,247 Posts
I like the exhaust bends and mufflers. Not a big fan of wrapped exhaust but I do understand. The paint and wheel are very nice.

Now I want to see it on a dyno wondering what the power will be with the shaved wheels. The rpm should clime really fast

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If I could afford it I would get one. It's noce to see an american bike that is something different than a cruiser/tourer. I'm hoping that maybe the cafe stle will perhaps give away into an even sportier style later.

I wish vic would make it into a production bike for regular dealers.:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hot.

1. What is that brake master cylinder? Looks different from the current Vic mc's. Seeing as i'm thinking of putting a couple isr's on my kp I am curious.

2. With those clipons the pegs really do need to be move back. The way its set up, I would think the riding position will be awkward.

But, that said, me rikey!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Keep those POSITIVE comments coming. Victory will be watching the reactions to this I would think anyway.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not totally digging people just adding a poll to my thread.

Glad people like the bike, after the response to the other version I was worried this would be a bash fest.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sweet

A very bold first attempt and an impressive one at that. I was wondering if it needed a little less rake at the front end (like the Thruxton) to improve handling and turn which is what cafe racers are all about. Agree on the twin brakes on the front end and wonder if the foot controls could come back a bit.

The Truxton is a great stock out of the box cafe racer and is only bettered by the Norton Commando IMHO.

I would love to see a Victory cafe racer bike and if the Victory design team want inspiration then look at the Thruxton/Norton/Ducati Sport Classic and the go for a Victory version. The current Vegas feul tank would still look stunning on such a bike if done right.

However I do wonder if only having one engine for production is holding them back from creating such a bike. Let's be honest a 1731cc v-twin is a big lump regardless of the fact it is an impressive engine

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Sweet

Agree on the twin brakes on the front end and wonder if the foot controls could come back a bit.
Great point. The clip-on thing would be painful enough. Grabbing for those with your feet out in front of you would be utter torture.

The handlebars from the Judge would make Zach's bike a lot more comfortable if a bit less stylish.

Still, like the Judge, it needs all the good Hammer front end bits.

Personally, I'm be drawn more to the Judge simply because the inevitable blemishes wouldn't bother me nearly as much. With Zach's bike, I'd need to keep Johnny Cochran on retainer to sue the first guy who marked the rim during a tire change...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those that cannot visualize a person on the bike. The controls are moved around from the stock Judge.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I still think the controls should be further back. I only say this because I have ridden a sport bike for awhile and it would help the lean angle and honestly the confort. I personally couldnt stand being in that much of a "C" position. Without higher handlebars the pegs should be in a more aggressive back position. Add the regular judge bars and the pegs would be more tolerable.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
A bullet fairing and dark blue paint without all the flash it'd be close to perfect.

Too bad Victory messed up by not buiding this bike.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts