Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I've been riding a 2005 Yamaha 1100 Classic the last 3 years and I'm ready to go bigger, newer and more comfortable. I took a 3 hour test ride on a 2013 cross country.......and loved it! I think I'll make an offer this week.Can anyone give me any info. On these bikes? I saw a poor review, 39 out 50. That seemed kinda harsh. The bike I rode on was an awesome experience. Very comfortable, nice handling, quiet .....so, what's the down side to this bike ?

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
They have some small quirks like the belt rubbing and making noise on acceleration which is easily fixed with some soap on the sides of the belt.

I've never cared for how the cruise control moves the throttle control around so I use a manual one.

There can be some heat issues but they also can be addressed in different ways including a good tune so it doesn't run so lean.

Just little stuff like that. They ride and run fantastic. They are quite modular too. I absolutely love the way I can make mine go from a city bagger into a country touring bike with some quick release changes. There are hitches available so you can pull a trailer and they do it well. Harbor freight has a trailer for around $300 and someone on Facebook has a hitch that literally disappears when not in use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks For the info BBob. I didn't have issue with the cruise control at all.....but, then again I've never had cruise control, so I have nothing to compare it to. I hope this deal I have cooking with the bike shop works out, otherwise I'll keep looking. I never really considered a Victory before but I'm glad I rode this bike. Very comfortable, nice handling bike. I kinda like the quiet ride as well. Probably going to miss the loud pipes I have on my bike though....we will see. Do you have some pic of your bike? I'd like to see how you set up for touring. Thanks again for the info. Ride safe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have some small quirks like the belt rubbing and making noise on acceleration which is easily fixed with some soap on the sides of the belt.

I've never cared for how the cruise control moves the throttle control around so I use a manual one.

There can be some heat issues but they also can be addressed in different ways including a good tune so it doesn't run so lean.

Just little stuff like that. They ride and run fantastic. They are quite modular too. I absolutely love the way I can make mine go from a city bagger into a country touring bike with some quick release changes. There are hitches available so you can pull a trailer and they do it well. Harbor freight has a trailer for around $300 and someone on Facebook has a hitch that literally disappears when not in use.
Thanks For the info BBob. I didn't have issue with the cruise control at all.....but, then again I've never had cruise control, so I have nothing to compare it to. I hope this deal I have cooking with the bike shop works out, otherwise I'll keep looking. I never really considered a Victory before but I'm glad I rode this bike. Very comfortable, nice handling bike. I kinda like the quiet ride as well. Probably going to miss the loud pipes I have on my bike though....we will see. Do you have some pic of your bike? I'd like to see how you set up for touring. Thanks again for the info. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Came off a 2006 Vstar 1100 Silverado for a 2013 Cross Country. You will truly enjoy the upgrade! Never regretted my decision and I loved my Star.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info Scotchbriar. I love my vstar as well but, I wanna go for long rides.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BBob,did you purchase the bike as a bagger and then added the quick release rear bag?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Bbob.......sorry for not updating. I settled on a 2013 cross country touring bike . After further review it would have costed me more to add all that for touring then to just buy the touring bike and take the tour pack off for riding around town. I love the bike. I just got back from a 4600 mile 11 states bike ride. Only issue would be the heat from the engine in extreme 112 + heat I got really hot in between my legs were I felt like I was being burned.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
wow......thats an awesome ride BBob.
Hey Bbob.......sorry for not updating. I settled on a 2013 cross country touring bike . After further review it would have costed me more to add all that for touring then to just buy the touring bike and take the tour pack off for riding around town. I love the bike. I just got back from a 4600 mile 11 states bike ride. Only issue would be the heat from the engine in extreme 112 + heat I got really hot in between my legs were I felt like I was being burned.
You have a dang fine one yourself. I bet you get looks wherever you go with that red and chrome.

I know the satin and dark look is in style right now but IMHO; shiny will never go out of style. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bbob. Now that I got a new ride, gonna have to add more chrome. I might wanna go to a two tone red and black with a gold stripe dividing it. I love the way your bike looks and I will use some of your ideas. How does that leather heat deflector work. I like the don't tread on me design. How much was that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts