Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up and was taught to ride on a Road King at the age of 15. At 17, I went to sport bikes and then to bobbers in my mid 20s. Now in my mid 30s I have purchased my first bagger in the from of my 2014 Cross Country. I still have my bobber, but Holy crap, I have never been so comfortable riding in my life. I love this thing. Im used to being stretched out on a flat pan seat with not creature comforts. Whats best is I bought it from my old mans best friend for pennies on the dollar. Looking forward to playing in this side of motorcycle table.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Enjoy the ride, I just bought a 2012 myself.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee

Congrats on your bike purchase. You'll really enjoy the way she handles in the curves and get you a back rest cause it will be a lot more comfortable. I can ride for hours and never get tired with my back supported. :grin

·
Registered
546 Posts
After returning from a trip to Fargo then on to Sturgis and back to Philly, I came home and traded an '06 Deluxe (a bike I loved, that I had tricked out to look as much like a 50's HydraGlide as possible and with one hell of a 95" build on it) on a 2014 CC and have never looked back. My first long trip was to Phoenix and back which only confirmed my decision was the right one.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I grew up and was taught to ride on a Road King at the age of 15. At 17, I went to sport bikes and then to bobbers in my mid 20s. Now in my mid 30s I have purchased my first bagger in the from of my 2014 Cross Country. I still have my bobber, but Holy crap, I have never been so comfortable riding in my life. I love this thing. Im used to being stretched out on a flat pan seat with not creature comforts. Whats best is I bought it from my old mans best friend for pennies on the dollar. Looking forward to playing in this side of motorcycle table.
Congratulations and welcome to the Victory family. I suspect your bobber will be a garage queen from here on out. The CC is simply a wonderful motorcycle and as beautiful, functional and practical as they get.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
A Victory will spoil you for other bikes. Click the link in my sig and make your bike look and perform better. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your bike purchase. You'll really enjoy the way she handles in the curves and get you a back rest cause it will be a lot more comfortable. I can ride for hours and never get tired with my back supported. :grin
It came with back rest for both driver and passenger. Plus the rack and a soft leather trunk I can use whenever needed. 3 windshields, stage 1 exhaust intake and ecu flash, plus LED lighting. Bought it from my old mans best friend for $10k. He just wanted pay off. I feel like I stole it more or less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations and welcome to the Victory family. I suspect your bobber will be a garage queen from here on out. The CC is simply a wonderful motorcycle and as beautiful, functional and practical as they get.
I love the bobber but injuries and surgeries have made it damn near impossible to ride for any real length of time. To the store and stuff is fine but Ill likely sell it. I am shocked at the lean angle the CC achieves and how well it handles for such a large bike. I love it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I tried to run two street bikes but even after nearly 2 years I always wanted to be on my cross bike so I sold my other one with no real regrets.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I have always had more than one bike, at least a city bike for errands and a country bike for touring and day rides. After getting my XR, I found that it was so comfortable and compliant for doing both, that for the first time in decades, I am down to only one bike and loving it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have kind of lied, I still have 2 tagged, titled, and insured motorcycles. Didn't mention my 2 stroke kawi that I restored but I only ride it local and due to issues with the bottom end I don't get the revs up to high. I am eyeing a "third" bike though. That old 2 stroke enduro has me hankering for a modern adventure bike of some type. I test rode a v-strom 650 with bags and all and really liked it but just not enough power for 2-up riding and would like to try out the larger 1000cc version. I am also eyeing KTM's and tigers. Problem is I don't ride my XR as much as I would like (3k to 5k miles a year) and if I get another road bike then it will get driven even less. Choices!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts