Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dealer offering me a new XC for $15739. I don't really want to trade my current bike (planning on turning it into a bobber when it's paid off), but that seems like a hell of a deal.

What have the rest of you found/ paid for a new, but end of the year model?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
13,033 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
160 Posts
If that is for a new bike with almost no miles on it, sounds like a good deal to me. If i remember right they listed for 19,000. As if that is out the door price you would have to ask dealer but expect to pay tax title and licence on top of that.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If that is for a new bike with almost no miles on it, sounds like a good deal to me. If i remember right they listed for 19,000. As if that is out the door price you would have to ask dealer but expect to pay tax title and licence on top of that.

The bike has less than three miles on it. Still waiting to hear back on the out the door price.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have a dealer offering me a new XC for $15739...yada, yada, yada...What have the rest of you found/paid for a new, but end of the year model?
Retail is $18,999. The best deal most people have gotten for a late model year (or new, old stock) is typically 18% off which would make that price $15,579.18 so yea... this is about the BEST you are going to do now or over the next year give or take any additional incentives like prior or current military which would (likely) get you another $1K off that figure. Dealer is probably making $500 off the entire deal and simply moving their inventory.

"Out the Door" pricing is actually a red herring that some on here SWEAR by without regard to the "REAL WORLD". Those touting OTD often don't realize that figure can be SIGNIFICANTLY different simply based on where you live. If you DO get pulled into that rathole just remember that some have NO state taxes. Others may not have taxes OTD but the have to pay local charges are for tax, title, tag, etc when they register the bike locally so there really is no point in talking OTD on a forum like this since every situation is differnent simply due to where you buy vs. where you live.

One guy on here was talking up OTD being cheaper than anyone elses until... he FINALLY realized that he had an ADDITIONAL $1,400 bill to pay (on top of his OTD price) to his state before he could ride the bike so...OTD is basically pointless in these forums. Simply stick to the same retail and discount to retail ignoring any add-ons or service fees. 18% off retail is....well, 18% off retail, PERIOD and that is a figure that works no matter if you are in New Jersey, Florida or Timbuktu

·
Banned
471 Posts
Unless it was added to this bike... No ABS, no cruise... but definite yes iPod cable in right rear bag...
IMHO. . .I would not buy this bike without the ABS. . .the Cruise is nice and the Ipod cable is OK.

I only had one other bike with ABS, a 2009 V-Max and it never came into play...but on my 2013 XC with 6000 miles on it so far, I have had the ABS come on several times and have now gotten use to it.

I am not sure where you live or what type of environment you ride in. . . but living and riding a big bike in an "urban" environment it seems like I have used the ABS more than I would like....

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless it was added to this bike... No ABS, no cruise... but definite yes iPod cable in right rear bag...
It does have cruise and iPod cable. Definitely does not have ABS. I'll be interested to see what, if anything they come back at me with today. All in all, we are probably $1K apart right now. Since I don't mind waiting, that could be the deal breaker.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just picked up a 2014 XC Black with chrome, ABS, Cruise, stereo for $16K
Actually traded in a 1994 ATV to get the price down to $15K
the suede paint is pretty cool, the Victory disclaimer about the paint is troubling,
May fade

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just picked up a 2014 XC Black with chrome, ABS, Cruise, stereo for $16K

Actually traded in a 1994 ATV to get the price down to $15K

the suede paint is pretty cool, the Victory disclaimer about the paint is troubling,

May fade

Yeah, the more I read on the paint, I'm second guessing the color.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts