Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a better seat than the stock seat. I cannot ride longer than an hour on the stock seat with my boney ars. I have the stock drivers back rest and stock passengers back rest and would like to be able to use them with the better seat. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
My fix was to go to a saddle customizer, which resulted in a more comfy seat tailored to my butt, got moved up closer to the bars and had heat installed.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you use the OEM seat and get it modified?

·
Registered
12,298 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the heat idea as well. Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mustang Vintage longest ride since buying was 19 hours and 1079 miles. I'd say it will do.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I need to find a better seat than the stock seat. I cannot ride longer than an hour on the stock seat with my boney ars. I have the stock drivers back rest and stock passengers back rest and would like to be able to use them with the better seat. Suggestions?
Mustang seats require a proprietary back rest, you can't use the stock rest.

If you like the pillow soft, big pad type seat go with an Ultimate Seat.
If you like a more firm, well shaped seat I swear by my Drag Specialties Low-Profile Touring seat.

What the hell, here's a pic

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Shock

Is your shock working correctly. It might be worth a test ride on a brand new bike or another Victory that the owner says rides good. I had my seat reworked which did help. Shortly after that(a few months) the shock got really bad. My old shock would not hardly give, through me up out of the seat on a couple of good bumps.
:frown

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shock is good. Replaced user warranty already(week spot on these bikes for sure)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought of Ron's actually. I work a block from his shop. Worth the walk to talk with them for sure.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
If Ron's does not have a lot of experience with motorcycle seats, I'd pass. There is more to it than just the saddle. There's trimming to avoiding pressure on the inner thighs and adjusting the width of the front for ease of placing the feet firmly on the ground. There's posture and reach to be considered as well.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mustang Vintage longest ride since buying was 19 hours and 1079 miles. I'd say it will do.

Is this the same seat as the Mustang seat that Victory sells in their accessory line?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Is this the same seat as the Mustang seat that Victory sells in their accessory line?

I bought it from a private seller Mustang does sell them, I don't know if it's the same seat sold in the accessory line. I know I get no fatigue and I put down the miles.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Being in Canada the Canuck dollar is horrible and the seat becomes very pricey bringing it in from the south. I will inquire with the Vic dealer. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Being in Canada the Canuck dollar is horrible and the seat becomes very pricey bringing it in from the south. I will inquire with the Vic dealer. Thanks

I bought mine like new 1/2 price maybe you'll find a deal. Info know the soft pillow type seats are terrible for the long haul.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I enjoyed the 1000+ miles in one shot so much I'm going to do again this spring riding from Phoenix AZ to the redwood national Forest straight through.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Russell Day Long! Best custom motorcycle seat builder in the country! Northern Cali. Expensive, but worth every penny!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I enjoyed the 1000+ miles in one shot so much I'm going to do again this spring riding from Phoenix AZ to the redwood national Forest straight through.
Iron butt! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thousand miles straight thru? I can't imagine doing that, that's some testament to the saddle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts