Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** BIKE IS SOLD***
Unfortunately due to health reasons my wife has decided to sell her well loved Cross Country. Elbow pain has kept her from being able to squeeze the clutch and she has only ridden it twice this year. So she is considering an automatic Spyder which will also help her when it comes to getting around in parking lots, etc as this bike is heavy for a small lady. The bike has 5436 miles. It is basically a stock bike with a couple additions. $12,000 and we have the title. Located in central Maine.

ABS
Cruise
Radio w/Kicker speakers
12V plug in dash
Heated Grips (Dealer installed)
Heated Seat (dealer installed)
KlockWerks shield (dealer installed) and stock shield
Two Tone Suede Supersteel/Black matte paint
Ipod connection (never used, I assume it works)

Always dealer serviced except the last oil change I did with their kit. Always garaged. We only ever went on day trips since having this bike so it never even sat outside. I'll post proper pics when I get a chance.

***FULL DISCLOSURE*** A couple years ago when pulling out of a friends driveway her visor fogged up and before she could put it up she got into the soft shoulder causing her to slide off the back and the bike went down on the pavement. There was only cosmetic damage but an insurance claim was done because of cost of parts like the faring, tank, side case, blinker, etc. All cosmetic and all done by the dealer. Not a scratch on the bike now.

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
to bad she can't heal up to ride the pretty bike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to bad she can't heal up to ride the pretty bike
Been trying for months, they can't seem to figure it out. Something to do with either the tendons in her elbow or bad arthritis. I'm convinced it is anti cancer medication they changed back in April but they say no. We will see. She is really having a hard time with the thought of selling it. Who knows, maybe she will keep both and then I can give her **** like she does me for MBS. :)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
How about completing your profile so we know where you are. A signature would be helpful to help us to help you.
I know someone who is looking, but I will pass this on to him when we know where you and the bike are. If close to Portland, you might have a sale.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about completing your profile so we know where you are. A signature would be helpful to help us to help you.
I know someone who is looking, but I will pass this on to him when we know where you and the bike are. If close to Portland, you might have a sale.
Thanks RICZ. Location is in the write up, central Maine. Not real close to Oregon but would be a great ride home. :)
Cliff

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Tried an EZY-CLUTCH?...will work nicely on a stock clutch, just gotta be on the ball with freeplay adjustment

·
Registered
27 Posts
The elbow pain is a shame. Nice bike, like the color scheme. Automatic Spyder ( get the 1330 Ace ) will keep her in the wind. Other two wheel choices are a 650 or 400 Burgman Scooter and Honda 600 Silverwing and Kymco makes really good Scooters in a 300 and 500 cc. Also a bike that gets high praise is the 700 CTX DCT by Honda that is definitely motorcycle like and very affordable.
It is possible that Honda will soon reveal more DCT higher cc models, as soon as Oct. 24, which may including the F6B in a lighter frame. Lots of speculation and interest in what Honda is going to do. I just hope that elbow heals, should it not at least she can still make lemonade.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Sorry MAINEGT, I missed that location while scanning the write-up. We can't get much farther apart. I appreciate what you are doing to accommodate your wife. When it comes to riding, you got to have to be honest with yourself and get the bike that works for you and with you. I know, I'm riding a cruiser, a type of bike I have disliked the 65 years I have been riding, but if I was to continue riding, I needed that lower seat height and CofG. Fortunately for me, Victory came out with the Cross bikes at the right time; a cruiser that doesn't act or look like one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried an EZY-CLUTCH?...will work nicely on a stock clutch, just gotta be on the ball with freeplay adjustment
Thanks for the info but no I haven't as I don't think it would make any difference, she can't even squeeze my hydraulic clutch without pain so multiple times a ride is just out of the question. That system is still mechanical so I can't imagine it would make it easier than a hydraulic system. Doesn't really matter as that motion is just out of the question for now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The elbow pain is a shame. Nice bike, like the color scheme. Automatic Spyder ( get the 1330 Ace ) will keep her in the wind. Other two wheel choices are a 650 or 400 Burgman Scooter and Honda 600 Silverwing and Kymco makes really good Scooters in a 300 and 500 cc. Also a bike that gets high praise is the 700 CTX DCT by Honda that is definitely motorcycle like and very affordable.
It is possible that Honda will soon reveal more DCT higher cc models, as soon as Oct. 24, which may including the F6B in a lighter frame. Lots of speculation and interest in what Honda is going to do. I just hope that elbow heals, should it not at least she can still make lemonade.
Burgman, HA. I mentioned one of those to her once, just once. I'll just say she isn't a fan. :) Most bikes are too tall like the Honda so not an option, that's what she loved about the Vic. She just didn't like the weight.
Not sure what the 1330 Ace is but the reason this all came up is that a family friend had just purchased a new 17 RT Limited Spyder loaded up with everything then passed away 3 days later. He had only ridden it home so it has 25 miles on it. His wife offered it to my wife for 11K less than they paid for it. Kind of a no brainer since it probably fits the bill for her.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry MAINEGT, I missed that location while scanning the write-up. We can't get much farther apart. I appreciate what you are doing to accommodate your wife. When it comes to riding, you got to have to be honest with yourself and get the bike that works for you and with you. I know, I'm riding a cruiser, a type of bike I have disliked the 65 years I have been riding, but if I was to continue riding, I needed that lower seat height and CofG. Fortunately for me, Victory came out with the Cross bikes at the right time; a cruiser that doesn't act or look like one.
No problem. Cruisers just are not my thing either, I love the adventure bikes and the long travel suspension for our crappy roads. I have long legs though so no issue. I will say that I took the Vic out for one full day of riding once and although it just didn't give me the excitement factor that my Ducati does my ass was not the least bit sore when I got home. Unlike every single bike I own/owned regardless of the seat I try. LOL It was like sitting on the couch all day so I can see why these things are so popular for those long distance trips. Looks wise the side profile of these cross country bikes just can't be beat by other brands, they really have nice lines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Burgman, HA. I mentioned one of those to her once, just once. I'll just say she isn't a fan. :) Most bikes are too tall like the Honda so not an option, that's what she loved about the Vic. She just didn't like the weight.
Not sure what the 1330 Ace is but the reason this all came up is that a family friend had just purchased a new 17 RT Limited Spyder loaded up with everything then passed away 3 days later. He had only ridden it home so it has 25 miles on it. His wife offered it to my wife for 11K less than they paid for it. Kind of a no brainer since it probably fits the bill for her.
The seat height on the Honda is close to height of the CC or 28 inches.
1330 Ace referred to the new engine brought out in the 2014 models which that 2017 has, so that is good. Far better than past. At 11k less for that RT limited, this is a steal. Heck you might find yourself climbing on the back and letting her drive.

2017 CTX700 DCT Overview - Honda Powersports

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The seat height on the Honda is close to height of the CC or 28 inches.
1330 Ace referred to the new engine brought out in the 2014 models which that 2017 has, so that is good. Far better than past. At 11k less for that RT limited, this is a steal. Heck you might find yourself climbing on the back and letting her drive.

2017 CTX700 DCT Overview - Honda Powersports
Thanks for the info on the Honda.
Maybe if the Spyder had a rear DVD player, then I'd hang out back there. :)
I'm pretty sure the Spyder will be in the garage soon, just waiting for the title to come in (it's that new). Even if we decided we didn't want it we could get our money back out of it easy enough.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Spyder will be in the garage soon, just waiting for the title to come in (it's that new). Even if we decided we didn't want it we could get our money back out of it easy enough.
If that Spyder is the one I'm thinking it is, that is the one I would grab if I needed a third wheel. Its absolutely gorgeous and it can be molded by the dealer to fit her ergonomics perfectly. You'd be a fool to pass up that deal. Is this it?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, not as sporty as that model. Looks more like a touring machine you could go across the country on all day long. Like this but metallic gray. Not her first choice of color but oh well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Ezy clutch is lighter than your hydraulic.
But Spyder is unbeatable for shifting.
I had pleasure of riding one for 3 months/5000mile while my Vic was down for rebuild and my mate broke his arm.
Power, handling,braking, comfort, storage.
Downside no lanesplitting and copping crap off other riders who've never ridden or mastered riding one.
Totally different to ride than a 2 wheeler but once she learns the tricks to riding one she will possibly love the Spyder.
Pic above is the newer 3Cyl powered machine thats supposed to be better tha the 990 Rotax V-Twin that I was riding.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts