Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've tried to get into the thunderbird, but I absolutely hate the p2 engine arrangement. It just reminds me of the cheap honda rebels that every kid in my home town rode to highschool and middle school.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried to get into the thunderbird, but I absolutely hate the p2 engine arrangement. It just reminds me of the cheap honda rebels that every kid in my home town rode to highschool and middle school.
I don't think it looks bad, but I admit that the engine's character is not as pleasing as a V-twins. It is considerably more powerful, but the power pulsing just doesn't feel quite right to me and I'm not sure why. That's the funny thing about spec sheets, a machine's performance is ultimately perceived by humans regardless of how it measured in objective tests.

Still, I think it's something I could get used to.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
What don't ya like? The teardrop tank, raked fork? Pullback handlebars? Or just the fact that it doesn't look like a complete Harley knockoff?

Perhaps a different angle?

These do. The Thunderbirds are great bikes. Like the VTX's used to be.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
T-birds do look much better in person than the stock picture shows. They are also a blast to ride. I ended up test riding one a couple of times when I was shopping around and it was by far the fastest bike I test rode. Had a little trouble fitting on it because of my long inseam plus after I added bags, sissybar, crashbars, etc it was way more than I could get an XR for and the only local dealer wouldn't budge much on his price.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've never ridden a Triumph, but for the most part have liked their styling. But this bike has no Triumph heritage in its styling. It's lost its British-ness and gone too far toward the metric look. Might be a great bike, though. If I had a dealer here I might take a look.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This pic does not do it justice.
Agreed.. Why they insist on doing these white background rendered and shopped side shots that give you very little as to what the bike is going to look like on the road.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts