Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my 2009 Vision up to South Elgin, IL Wednesday June 24. I left Lincoln NE at 4 AM hit the rain in Omaha NE it was raining so hard I almost turned around, could not see the lane stripes. Lucky no traffic at that time. It rained on and off almost all the way there, trip meter said 494 miles. Meet some real nice people at the dealer and traded my Vision for the XCT. There was another storm coming up I88 which was almost all single lane. So I jumped up to I90 to head West and missed the rain. I put 335 miles on the XCT before stopping for the night just west of Roaster MI. Next day I rode almost all two lane roads south headed to Adel IA to visit the Vic Shop. Meet Rylan and Gabe and others. Here it is setting at MCD Lake Dallon WI. I had 712 miles on XCT when I got home.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Now that is how you break a bike in. Congratulations. I'm guessing that was your bike on The Vic Shop Facebook page?
How would you compare the two bikes?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 15 th anniversary XCT Limited Edition

I liked the Vision as well as the XCT. This is second XCT as I crashed my 2012 on the Dragon Aug 10, 2014. I have no memory of that ride. I know we stopped for lunch and we rode off but I don't remember riding a bike or anything of the crash. DR said that if I had not been wearing a helmet I would not be here. I hit a tree with the left side of helmet. There are things I like about both bikes, the main thing I did not like about the Vision and missed the most was the storage space in saddlebags and trunk. I just like the look of the XC a lot over the Vision they our so much alike except for look that it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
nice bike!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2014 15 th anniversary XCT Limited Edition

Thanks to all who replied, Irv, Sportsmanphil & Pelz.

I like the bike a lot, fell for it the first time I saw one on the V-o-g. Never thought I'd own one. It's hard to find a used one that gets the price down a little plus my trade in. The Guys at American Heritage Motorcycle in South Elgin, IL were nice to work with. My Vision was a miss after riding in some very heavy rain and they were forecasting 2 inchs fot South Elgin that night. The reason I headed up to I90 as the rain that I had rode though was following me. They had 7 inch in Atlantic, IA just after I passed and the next day they were ready to close i80 if the Racoon river flooded it. Had news crews there and lots of State Patrol cars there keeping and eye on it when I passed by. cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that is how you break a bike in. Congratulations. I'm guessing that was your bike on The Vic Shop Facebook page?
How would you compare the two bikes?
No it's not. I believe that might be a 2015 XC or XCT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts