Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour with under 5,000 Miles, Black. It is in great condition mechanically and fairly good visually. Has normal wear you'd expect of a 5yr old bike. I'm going to buff the paint really well here in the next week or so. It has a new fuel pump, fresh oil change, and I can change the front brake pads before the sell if you'd like.

All reasonable offers will be considered. I'm motivated to sell.

Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rn6iudinzb8ecvy/AABEeLH8Mul7-nSOgsTXWpHHa?dl=0

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am not in need of another XCT but I would appreciate if you would tell us what you were able to sell it for once you do sell it. It would be good to have a data point on the current value of these bikes. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
I am not in need of another XCT but I would appreciate if you would tell us what you were able to sell it for once you do sell it. It would be good to have a data point on the current value of these bikes. Thanks.
There's a little known trick to finding out how much vehicles are selling for. You do an advanced search on ebay of sold listings.

Example: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=victory+cross+country&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_stpos=86409-2744&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1312.R2.TR10.TRC3.A0.H2.TRS2&_nkw=Victory+Cross+Country&_sacat=6024

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
So are the crossed out prices in your link what the bike sold for?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
So are the crossed out prices in your link what the bike sold for?
Crossed out means that the seller accepted a "best offer." They don't show the price the seller accepted.
Look for the listings that sold with buy now or bids.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
How do you set up the search like that? Excuse my internet ignorance but that is a handy tool for getting the rough value of most anything.
Looks like my 2011 XR is worth less than 5 grand now but to me it is priceless! Well not really but worth more than 5K to me because there is nothing out there I would want to replace it with.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
How do you set up the search like that? Excuse my internet ignorance but that is a handy tool for getting the rough value of most anything.
Looks like my 2011 XR is worth less than 5 grand now but to me it is priceless! Well not really but worth more than 5K to me because there is nothing out there I would want to replace it with.
At the top of the ebay page there's a blue search button and next to that there's a hard to see "Advanced" button. From there put in what you want to search, choose a category, and check the "Sold Listings" box. That's it!

Example: https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_odkw=victory+cross+country&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_stpos=86409-2744&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1312.R2.TR10.TRC3.A0.H2.TRS2&_nkw=Victory+Cross+Country&_sacat=6024

Note: This isn't a precise tool but like you said; it can give a rough idea. There will always be things that sell way too cheap or sometimes, too much, so some reasoning will have to be used to get a better idea.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am selling my 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour with under 5,000 Miles, Black. It is in great condition and just has a few normal nicks in the paint.

I will get photos up tonight. All reasonable offers will be considered. I'm motivated to sell.
Hmmm, too bad you're not in San Diego, i'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I did this twice and both rides were awesome. The first time, I flew one way to Little Rock, Arkansas, had a friend who lived there pick me up and drive me an hour to Hot Springs. I bought the bike and rode it home to central FL. Went to Birmingham the first day and stayed with a friend and then rode it the rest of the way the next day. The second time, I flew one way to Albany, NY, the seller picked me up, I test rode the bike, bought it, stayed the night with the seller (a person I had met here on the Victory forums), and rode it to its home in western NC the next two days. On day one, I went from Albany to Marion, VA. The next morning, I even included a side trip north on Rt. 16 (Back of the Dragon) to Tazewell, VA and back, and then home to near Etowah, NC. Two great rides and two awesome bikes.

A ride from Colorado to San Diego over the various mountains would be even more awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts