Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if it will have ABS and cruise... I may have to upgrade. :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
So is the bottom of my boot and it's not something I'm dying to show off.
But when you do show it off, it leaves a lasting impression. :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
According to the website, neither of the 8 Balls (XR or XC) have ABS standard or optional which is a bit of a surprise to me. Even the XR Classic had ABS. I understand why they wouldn't make it standard to keep the price low but why couldn't they offer it as an add on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Leave the "road king" look behind and stand on your own two feet. I liked the original crossroads far better than the limited edition. I felt that the crossroads when it came out was original, forward thinking and uniquely it's own.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Leave the "road king" look behind and stand on your own two feet. I liked the original crossroads far better than the limited edition. I felt that the crossroads when it came out was original, forward thinking and uniquely it's own.
Agreed. It was the first tour bike that sparked my interest. Then the XC and I stood up and and said "ok.. I gotta get on some male supplements cuz I must be getting old.. I love that dresser!" :)

.. He ducks. He runs. LOL!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agreed. It was the first tour bike that sparked my interest. Then the XC and I stood up and and said "ok.. I gotta get on some male supplements cuz I must be getting old.. I love that dresser!" :)

.. He ducks. He runs. LOL!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Never cared much for the xc. The test ride I took on the xr sold me and then they dropped it for the road king look-alike. So, my next thought was kingpin, then they dropped that. The 8 ball crossroads is tried and true enough to get the job done, but unique enough in the field to stand out from the silverados/nomads/c90's/road kings. Any long distance rider knows that the practical choice is the hard bags. The Hardball was too expensive, the crossroads lost it's identity trying to play catchup with the road king.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
whats so bare bones about it? looks like the same xr just black.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
whats so bare bones about it? looks like the same xr just black.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
If you want to cover distance....you gotta have cruise. Done it both ways......NEVER going back to a bike without it.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree. The cruise is not what sold me on my XR and didn't know if I would even use it but after a few hours on the superslab it sure comes in handy.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
im glad i was able to get a leftover '11 last march.
and it was red[crimson]. cruise control was what i was looking for
and the '12s didnt have it. havent looked yet but does the
8 ball have the air shock or did they cheapen that, too?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like the 8-Balls have the air shock.

I like the blacked out look, but I want Cruise/ABS. So I'll stick with my '11 for now. Oh darn! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts