Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to past this but my wife wanted me to get some saddle bags for my 2014 judge for when we go on little longer trips. I was hoping to get some that were easily removable so once we get to our destination I can take them off. Do any of you use saddlebags and have any suggestions. The lock and ride ones sold by victory are something ungodly like $750. THanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
There are plenty out there, and many of them would be good enough, but expect one issue or another from many if not most of them. You'll read about:

Minor interference with passenger legs, or final mounted position is cock-eyed (not perfectly parallel with the bike) or exhaust baking/burning a part of the bag. Things like that.

Maybe take the dimensions of the factory ones, and try to match available aftermarket bags measurements up as best you can.

This might be a dumb idea, but maybe making a simple cardboard shape/template (of the factory ones) that you can compare against bags you find in a shop would help you determine a good fit without a lot of buy and error.

I will be looking into some bags too, but I'm thinking the factory ones are probably worth it in the end. I will eventually have the mounting spools already on the bike as part of my current backrest (if Victory EVER comes up with them) and I'm just anal like that. I want them to fit correctly, securely, mount & remove easily. I know they are a bit smallish, but the Judge is not a touring bike, so... If I find an extraordinary aftermarket set- terrific.. if not- I will save up and get the ghosts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts