Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My demo ride is in 2 weeks, but I'm curious about a couple of things already.
Is the TPMS available on the Vintage?
Are the tires tubeless even with the spoked wheels?
Have any Vic owners with a cammed 106 ridden an Indian yet? How did it compare?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not a Vic owner but a Harley owner who admires Victorys and all bikes for that matter. I test rode an Indian and loved it. My Harley dynoed at 118tq and 108 HP and the Indian was pretty dam close in my opinion. The engine is awesome for a stock V-twin. Loads of TQ and a great sound. Much more powerful than the two times I rode stock Cross Country Vic's and loads more than a stock Harley 103. I'm seriously considering buying a Vintage for a second bike. I was also concerned about tubed tires so I looked into it Nd the Indians with spoked tires DO have tubes but I'm willing to live with it because the rest if the bike was so nice. Good luck !

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
I'm not a Vic owner but a Harley owner who admires Victorys and all bikes for that matter. I test rode an Indian and loved it. My Harley dynoed at 118tq and 108 HP and the Indian was pretty dam close in my opinion. The engine is awesome for a stock V-twin. Loads of TQ and a great sound. Much more powerful than the two times I rode stock Cross Country Vic's and loads more than a stock Harley 103. I'm seriously considering buying a Vintage for a second bike. I was also concerned about tubed tires so I looked into it Nd the Indians with spoked tires DO have tubes but I'm willing to live with it because the rest if the bike was so nice. Good luck !

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Tubed tires have the advantage of getting a small puncture and soldiering on with a patch and a new or patched tube, while a tubeless would be toast.
I'm buying my lottery tickets with one of those Indians in mind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've owned both kind of tires and if given the choice will always choose tubeless over tubed. Tubed tires tend to deflate very rapidly and cant be fixed with a plug on the side of the road as tubeless can. Tubeless tires also tend to leak down slowly so if your on the hiway you will get some notice as to a problem. Tubed tires can be down right dangerous in the same situation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts