Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just purchased my 2014 cross country and I’m looking at installing a strobe or flashing module for the back fender brake light. I’m not sure where to hook it up or what wires to use and was wondering if anyone has any videos or instructions. I do not have a trunk so I am just looking to connect the fender brake light. I have read other posts on this but most seem to be involving the trunk brake light.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,892 Posts
You'll need to isolate from bike wiring or your cruise will stop working.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Diodes. Personally I would just hook the thing up and see what happens. Easy to fix the issue later if there is any issue. Might work fine all the posts I see are mixed with many no issues and others with issues. I'm doing a brake flash install myself for my trunk and sabertooth lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately no directions came with it. Can you guys tell me what are the wire colors and location that I can find them. My Suzuki Boulevard was much simpler machine so I am still learning about my new toy :). Thanks guys. Also where did you find the saber tooth lights, everywhere I look says discontinued.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Bought them before they discontinued. Go on eBay buy the cheap version. Add a diode to stop current feeding back to brake from running lights. Brake light wiring is white with pink stripe on my 2012 but there are multiple brake wires.

I use this on my CCT just installed it for trunk. About $62 from any online retailer.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I made a video on installing a trailer hitch. The second half of the video shows how I connected the wiring.
I used an isolator so as not to interfere with the bike operations. Maybe you might need to do it that way.
Anyway, use whatever you need in the video. I hope it helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts