Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 victory cross country. But I’m having issues with the rear speakers going in and out the front speakers don’t have a problem just the rear. Also having issues with the control screen it doesn’t show what gear I’m in anymore. And if I hold the clutch in too long and acts like it’s starting to change things on the control panel instead of that little button on the left AmbaI have a 2014 victory cross country. But I’m having issues with the rear speakers going in and out the front speakers don’t have a problem just the rear. Also having issues with the control screen it doesn’t show what gear I’m in anymore. And if I hold the clutch in too long and acts like it’s starting to change things on the control panel instead of that little button on the left Handlebar. Help?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,955 Posts
If your clutch lever is adjusted high it will hit the trigger switch on left control.
Check adjustment.

If your clutch switch on lever is disconnected the bike can't tell what gear you are in.
Check switch. Look at switch and listen you should hear it click as you pull lever in.

Check harness connecting rear speakers. Might be loose connection.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Indy is dead on with the clutch lever hitting the dash display selector switch. This is very common if you have rotated the clutch levers slightly around the bar which may be necessary for comfort. You can fix this by doing two things. First, loosen slightly the clutch lever mounting ring. Then push this ring as tightly against the switchbox housing as you can while tightening it. Second, using a sharp knife, trim off some of the outside edge of the selector button and then sand smooth the area you have trimmed. These together will give you just the amount of space needed for the clutch lever to not hit that button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts