Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,627 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think we are going to be overwhelmed this year.

Then again, ya never know... they didn't do any of the usual teasing so maybe they are trying a different tact this time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bye Bye Jackpot & Hard Ball

According to what Polaris filed with the California Air Resources Board (the infamous CARB) the 2014 models will be more of the same. But the Jackpot and Hardball were not among the models listed. This means they have been dropped from the lineup.
That's too bad I've always thought the Jackpot was a sweet looking ride. Wildly impractical, but great looking none the less.
I guess the best we can hope for is new colors and maybe some new options.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Agreed. Jackpot is a sweet looking bike, but they didn't do it any favors with the colors they chose for 2013. I can't believe they would drop it though. :confused:

I am curious at what they are going to do with the XC/R colors this year.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The sales guy at my vic shop told me that Victory was going away from the add ons for the bikes, and if you wanted extra's you were going to have to pay for them. Will be interesting to see if that is true

·
Registered
212 Posts
The sales guy at my vic shop told me that Victory was going away from the add ons for the bikes, and if you wanted extra's you were going to have to pay for them. Will be interesting to see if that is true
They really didn't offer much to begin with. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know this, if we get less models with less colors, and they cost more for what came stock last year I will, so help me, buy a HD.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Was he talking about factory gimmees like extra parts allowances? That will hurt dealers since they must get a piece of that action. Or was he talking about making currently stock components optional? Makes sense for a machine that is reliable and the OTD price is negotiable. If you overload it with goodies then what exactly are you leaving on the table for the dealer?

I got mine so it's easy for me to point out the obvious but in 2012 they sold the Cross Country Tour stock with thousands of dollars worth of what were base model options in 2011. Then without a whole lot of effort in 12 you could land one for less than base model MSRP. Even when I was buying mine I couldn't figure the margin for Spirit Lake or the dealer I bought from.

My bike hasn't seen a dealer since. I bought some oil and a replacement antenna after I lost antenna 1. Oh yeah, a leather for cheap. I don' t even think about going to the dealer because the stuff I do to my bikes the dealer is not competitive as a source for.

The trend of 2013 appears to continue. The cross bikes lost some stock items to the options list between 12 and 13. I guess that's the way forward for Vic. On the one hand that seems counterproductive to giveth and taketh away. OTOH dealers have to eat too and since Vic does not appear disposed to go all boutiquey with a department store in every dealership and the critters have a uber low repair rate, you are kind of left with paying for bells and whistles that you used to get in the deal.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I know this, if we get less models with less colors, and they cost more for what came stock last year I will, so help me, buy a HD.
For Goodness sakes man ! Don't do it.! If you do anything at least be different again and buy a new CHIEF thumb up

·
Administrator
5,974 Posts
For Goodness sakes man ! Don't do it.! If you do anything at least be different again and buy a new CHIEF thumb up
With all this Indian hype, I find myself dreaming of adding the new Chief to my garage. It could be my Sunday bike, and my XR can remain the working horse it currently is. :)

Dammit, I like the hardball and was wanting to get one in a few years
Rumor is that an XR 8-Ball will be finally coming, which could explain why the HardBall would step away from the line-up.

·
Premium Member
13,627 Posts
I, too, am thinking about another Indian in my garage.

I wonder if a "kit" will be offered for the apes if the HB dies the death of my XR.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Some apes on a new Chief would be badass for sure!

The good news is I have two great bikes right now. The bad news is I'd love to get a new Chief but would need to sell one or both of the bikes I like so it isn't gonna happen. Oh; the irony. ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
For some reason not having a white option for the Judge kinda pissed me off..especially after the SHARPIE bike was thrown out there...like you made one, why not add the colour?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Oh I'm not expecting a lot of anything. Lol, not with the new Indian coming out 4 days later.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ditto on that. We'll see, but I think that has been a focus this year. Getting Indian out of the gate. I know Victory & Indian are suppose to be 2 different entities, but I'm thinking Polaris had to pull some resources to make this happen. The only bike I think that may have had a chance for a make-over may be the Vision. I keep hearing little teasers about making the bags larger, and my local dealer has the New/old Visions marked down substantially.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can't see that as a good reason to buy an HD unless you like overpriced bikes that leak oil and spend a ton if time in service bays, I speak from experience, I was part of that legion of blind following the blind

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I can't see that as a good reason to buy an HD unless you like overpriced bikes that leak oil and spend a ton if time in service bays, I speak from experience, I was part of that legion of blind following the blind

All the Harley s I have owned never a problem, did my own service. Thinking of buying a Vrod muscle. All in 1 oil filter change hardly any maintenance. Have watched the bike Evolve. Vegas nice bike keep it for when the wifee rides and the muscle for cruising.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts