Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im in between the 2015 CCT or a magnum.

Would love to see some real live pics of the 2015 CCT and magnum colours.
Probably gona go for a cct but for some odd reason that green magnum speaks to me?

Any magnum riders had problems with ground clearance?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
The Magnums are sweet. It doesn't come with a trunk tho, like the CCT does. If I recall correctly, the Magnum is also lowered when compared to the CC/CCT.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The Magnums are sweet. It doesn't come with a trunk tho, like the CCT does. If I recall correctly, the Magnum is also lowered when compared to the CC/CCT.
Right, but it also comes with a larger front wheel, so clearance isn't as compromised as it could have been.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Not sure what good this will do you -- nothing like seeing bikes in person, to judge color -- but here's a shot I took of a Magnum at the NYC cycle show a month or so ago. At least, I think that's a Magnum.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
That is NOT a Magnum...regular Cross Country, with Factory paint
The differences between the CCT,and the Magnum, are significant
Two totally different bikes, if you ask me.
Here is a pic of my current MAGNUM, and a pick of my previous REGULAR Cross Country

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
I know they look VERY similar, but there are lots of differences, and EVEN more differences, when you compare CCT, to MAGNUM

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Oops, sorry for my incorrect post. Just flashy paint on an XC, huh. I have to pay more attention...

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Is this one of those trick question? It's like say the Highball is completely different than the Vegas... Paint, wheels and ride height don't make the same models different IMHO.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is this one of those trick question? It's like say the Highball is completely different than the Vegas... Paint, wheels and ride height don't make the same models different IMHO.
The CCT...T for TOUR, is exactly that...2 up Touring,Large windshield,FULL lowers,GIGANTIC Trunk,with passenger ammenities...BUILT for COMFORT

MAGNUM is more of a "streamlined speedster", ROCKIN' down the motorway, type of bike,and in my opinion, NOT really meant for a passenger

So there you have it
One is built for COMFORT
The other, built for SPEED :D

SAME bike???

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know they are different.
I love the mean look of the magnums and love the practicallity of the tour.

I've ridden a tour (magnum not available), good experience.
The tour also has the wind management system with lowers and fairing wings.

Does this make a difference in turbulence and wind noise or was it really the forged crashbars that were the problem as I've read a few times?

Why I ask for real life pics is because I live in Belgium and cant see them nor ride the magnum.
I have to order from a leaflet, makes it hard to judge colour.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a big difference in lean angle between regular cross-bikes and the magnum.

Cant seem to find the specific degrees of angle.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I know they are different.
I love the mean look of the magnums and love the practicallity of the tour.

I've ridden a tour (magnum not available), good experience.
The tour also has the wind management system with lowers and fairing wings.

Does this make a difference in turbulence and wind noise or was it really the forged crashbars that were the problem as I've read a few times?

Why I ask for real life pics is because I live in Belgium and cant see them nor ride the magnum.
I have to order from a leaflet, makes it hard to judge colour.
Well, there it is again.
YOU have to decide if you want the mean look of the Magnum, or the practicallity of the Tour,(BTW, a very good description of the 2 models)

I can tell you that after 20,600 miles on the Cross Country, WITH forged bars, the wind management was a little tricky. I solved the problem after several different windshields, and the VICTORY fork mounted lowers.
The Magnum does not come with any crash bars what so ever,and I do not notice anywhere near as much buffeting, and what small amount there was, was taken care of with the addition of the afore mentioned, VICTORY fork mounted lowers.

I can also tell you, (if you are basing anything on color), that pics do not even come CLOSE to doing any justice on the MAGNUM paint.
I have seen them all, and the sun makes a HUGE difference in how they look. For instance, my Ness Magnum,has completely different colors,looks, depending on how, and which angle,sun, and light in general, hits it.

I do think the CCT is a good bike, but I do not care for the LARGE windshield.LARGE lowers,or the LARGE trunk, (which I know is removable)

I prefer the "mean" look,(and ride :D)of the MAGNUM..oh and SOUND!
The 2 saddlebags are more than enough storage for me,even with bag mounted speakers

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is there a big difference in lean angle between regular cross-bikes and the magnum.

Cant seem to find the specific degrees of angle.
Overall, I would say they are all close to the same.
I have scraped the Magnum a couple of times, but it IS lower, so I expect it to happen now and then. The trade off is...I am FLAT footed at every stop, which I could not do on Cross Country.YMMV

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
netje, you could always "split the difference" and get a standard Cross Country....
Get an XC with one of the custom paint schemes, have your dealer add wind management(the right windshield, fairing lowers and soft lowers or highway bar closeouts) and the QD back rest luggage rack.
Then you'll have a bad-ass looking bagger that's more than capable for the long haul. This setup will probably cost less money out the door than either the CCT or Magnum

·
Registered
460 Posts
netje, you could always "split the difference" and get a standard Cross Country....
Get an XC with one of the custom paint schemes, have your dealer add wind management(the right windshield, fairing lowers and soft lowers or highway bar closeouts) and the QD back rest luggage rack.
Then you'll have a bad-ass looking bagger that's more than capable for the long haul. This setup will probably cost less money out the door than either the CCT or Magnum
Actually, it will cost a little more. I had to have Imperial Blue but needed the other comfort features for the wife. I kept the Forged Bars and added fork lowers, mainly because I like the look. Perhaps I am just lucky enough to be the right height and ride with the right full face hemet that buffeting is not an issue. Anyway, I have the QD back rest and the trunk. They are not the same when it comes to passenger comfort or weight distribution.
My wife and I are one when we are on two wheels. We were experienced bicycle tandem riders before we got into motorcycling. The trunk is more weight farther back on the bike than the back rest with a pack. Plus, the rider sits farther back with trunk as well.
These are non issues when you have an experienced rider back there but can be a concern if the person is inexperienced and or "of size". ( to be politically correct.)
Plus, the truck holds two full face helmets. Too easy when locking up to go to lunch.
I say whatever you do, ensure there is a trunk in your future if you regularly ride with your wife.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Actually, it will cost a little more. I had to have Imperial Blue but needed the other comfort features for the wife. I kept the Forged Bars and added fork lowers, mainly because I like the look. Perhaps I am just lucky enough to be the right height and ride with the right full face hemet that buffeting is not an issue. Anyway, I have the QD back rest and the trunk. They are not the same when it comes to passenger comfort or weight distribution.
My wife and I are one when we are on two wheels. We were experienced bicycle tandem riders before we got into motorcycling. The trunk is more weight farther back on the bike than the back rest with a pack. Plus, the rider sits farther back with trunk as well.
These are non issues when you have an experienced rider back there but can be a concern if the person is inexperienced and or "of size". ( to be politically correct.)
Plus, the truck holds two full face helmets. Too easy when locking up to go to lunch.
I say whatever you do, ensure there is a trunk in your future if you regularly ride with your wife.

I agree on the cost statement. If you go XC and then outfit it like a tour, you will end up paying more. I chose to do so due to the color I had to have as well, pearl white/blacked out. I added the hard lowers, upper air controls, and have recently ordered a trunk. I'm already into it for a bit more than I could have gotten a full blown XCT for.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I didn't suggest outfitting a CC like I a CCT will cost less out the door...What I said was that buying a CC and adding the parts suggested in the post(which btw did not incl. the $1700 trunk or $900 hard lowers) would probably cost less than a full up CCT or Magnum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Do the aux lights of the cross roads classic fit on the cross country fairing?

If so how much do they cost?

Is the standard headlight of the cross country tour good?
Dont want go led would be hell to replace when touring in Europe.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Magnums are not just for solo riders anymore! Lol
At least mine isn't, I added a chrome backrest, luggage rack and victory rack bag all for only $450.00

I personally don't care for trunks or at least the Victory ones. To me they are mounted way too high and way too far back! And every time I see someone with a trunk and without a passanger It just looks all wrong!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The CCT...T for TOUR, is exactly that...2 up Touring,Large windshield,FULL lowers,GIGANTIC Trunk,with passenger ammenities...BUILT for COMFORT

MAGNUM is more of a "streamlined speedster", ROCKIN' down the motorway, type of bike,and in my opinion, NOT really meant for a passenger

So there you have it
One is built for COMFORT
The other, built for SPEED :D

SAME bike???
Looks so much better with that windscreen. What kind is that? Does it cut down on a lot of wind noise at highway speeds? I thought the OEM one worked pretty well up to about 60 mph and then it fell apart.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts