Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indian Roadmaster coming for 2015

THE REBORN Indian brand is to get at least one new model in 2015 – the Roadmaster.

The bike’s name isn’t new, Roadmasters have appeared at various points in the firm’s history, but new documents show that a 2015 version has passed emissions tests in America.

The bike is listed, along with the existing Chieftain, Chief Vintage and Chief Classic, as using the same 1811cc ‘Thunder Stroke’ V-twin engine with identical power; 91.5bhp, according to the emissions documents, although Indian itself only ever makes torque claims (102.4lbft) and steers clear of mentioning horsepower in its own specifications.

Name aside, the documents show no specific details of the Roadmaster, only mentioning details of the engine that it shares with the other bikes in the range, which was relaunched last year with all-new machines.

The name suggests a tourer, and previous versions – both the original in 1947 and the last generation, which appeared in 2010 – had leather bags and a Perspex screen. However, that description also applies to the existing Chief Vintage, suggesting the new 2015 Roadmaster will take a slightly different tack. Since Indian already has both the Vintage ‘soft bagger’ and the Chieftain ‘faired hard bagger’ in its range, the next step along the touring theme seems likely to be something more along the lines of a Harley Electra Glide, with hard bags, a top box and a hefty pillion seat back, along with luxuries like a stereo. Perhaps this is where the 2015 Roadmaster will fit in.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/indian-roadmaster-coming-for-2015/25307.html

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
No mention of 4 portholes on each side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm buying a 2015, I hope this is true as I was going to buy the Chieftain . I want a tour pack and so far don't like the options available (Corbin etc) so this is good news. Gonna put a Champion sidecar on it and the wife and I are going to take the "bucket list" ride. I want to park my 2012 as it being Serial # 002 the 1st one Polaris made available for sale to the public I already have 20K miles on it and want to utilize it for special occasions. Not that the number means anything to anyone but me, but I believe it has it's place in Polaris history.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Still holding out for a Scout with 111 Thunderstroke.........

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Cooler head

I want to see the version with the cooler heads. Water cooled that is. Maybe it will be of a slightly smaller physical size for some of us shorter folks. cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
I want to see the version with the cooler heads. Water cooled that is. Maybe it will be of a slightly smaller physical size for some of us shorter folks. cheers
I have a riding bud who is a little over 5'5" seems to handle his Vintage fine.

·
Registered
827 Posts
My brother headed east on a plane tonight for Minneapolis. The Polaris Dealer show is Monday. He asked me if I wanted to go, but I don't like to fly (plus I'm busy with work). I told him, maybe next year we could ride out to the show.

He said that the Polaris 3 wheeler will be there too.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Proof

Scouts will not have the same engine as the Chiefs. It will be a smaller displacement if they offer a scout.
And you're stating this as FACT, based on what ???

·
Registered
145 Posts
And you're stating this as FACT, based on what ???
Based on Indian history. Scouts have always been more of a "Sportster" type bike, and not a full size one. A smaller more nimble bike, however in later years they shared the same frame as the Chief, just smaller engine.

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Based on Indian history. Scouts have always been more of a "Sportster" type bike, and not a full size one. A smaller more nimble bike, however in later years they shared the same frame as the Chief, just smaller engine.
They may very well make a Scout with a smaller frame but after investing $10 million in this 111 engine I doubt they will start from scratch. More likely, if they don't use this exact engine, they will simply downsize the cubic inches of the top end and use the same motor.

If I were a betting man though; I'd bet they put the 111 in a smaller frame bike and tune it down in horse power with the option of tuning it back up. A simple software change and no one needs to turn a single wrench. A win win for everyone.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2015 Chieftain Trunk

2015 Chieftain Trunk

No pictures yet, but the trunk is coming.

Add exceptional style, extra comfort and outstanding storage space by installing a black trunk on your Indian® Chieftain®. This trunk installs easily using Quick Release technology and features an integrated padded passenger backrest (sold separately), a high-mounted taillight, and a large, weatherproof cargo area. The hinged, lockable lid lifts open at the rear of the trunk for full access to the cargo area, which is spacious enough to hold two full-face helmets. The lid features an overhang fit to effectively block rain and dirt so cargo is well-protected, and a soft, automotive-quality liner also offers protection. Quick Release technology makes the trunk easy to install or remove without tools. Integrated mounting hardware at the base of the trunk locks onto the saddlebag mounts of the Indian® Chieftain®, and it locks onto mounting spools (sold separately). Once the trunk is locked in place, a power connection plugs into the Motorcycle®’s electrical system.

Source: http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/shop/accessories/indian-chieftain-trunk-black/pid-2880283-266

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
2015 Roadmaster

It's a Chieftan with tour pack and body panels around crashbar. Not bad. Nothing earth shattering. Along with 2-tone paint, not a bad line up at all. Guess will have to wait at least a year for Scout..... if then..........

·
Registered
537 Posts
Picture

From website....

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Excellent news! I was waiting for a Roadmaster!

For those wanting the Scout, on the Indian web page, there's a picture of the 2015 lineup. There's a wooden box that says 8.2.14 :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Very handsome machine that. Could have some flipping a coin 'tween that and an Ultra.

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
I gotta say if these Indians had been around when I bought my first Vic; I may have gone with them instead. I'll never know for sure but they sure do look sweet.

I still like riding something not every Tom, Dick, or Harry is riding.

Fact is I have too much invested in my XC to let it go for what I could sell it for and like riding too much as well. I guess I will hope for a windfall to see if an Indian is ever going to grace my garage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts