Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bigger, better stereo. Vic is only hearing half of what we want I guess.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is actually quite a bit done here.

Bigger front wheel, speakers in the bag lids, ape hangers, projector headlights. These are all things that a lot of people are doing to their Cross Countries already.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
There is actually quite a bit done here.

Bigger front wheel, speakers in the bag lids, ape hangers, projector headlights. These are all things that a lot of people are doing to their Cross Countries already.
EXACTLY - Nothing that others aren't already doing so it simply looks like they are trying to capitalized on the trends. Not bad marketing but also not earth shaking other than the FACT that there is no longer a Ness-branded bike which would normally have been the avenue that a buyer could use to move in those types of directions. Looks like any Ness affiliation may simply be migrated to the Indian bikes perhaps.... announced @ Sturgis this year? You heard it here first! :Dcheersthumb up;)

·
Banned
471 Posts
I personally love the new Magnum.

Ape hangers
No crash bars
LED head light
Lowered rear
Lowered seat
6 speaker stereo with FACTORY lid speakers . . . something a lot of use have been looking for
21 inch front wheel

And some really nice custom paint...I want the red one... thumb up

·
Registered
105 Posts
The seat height is the same. So lowered? But I love the improvements. Only changed the name to differentiate the price. I think they made some great moves. I also like the indian. Not my thing but competition makes everyone up their game.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The seat height is the same. So lowered? But I love the improvements. Only changed the name to differentiate the price. I think they made some great moves. I also like the indian. Not my thing but competition makes everyone up their game.
They HAD to add the 1-inch lowering link to counter the raised front end so my take is that they are trying to say that they 'retain' that "lowest in industry" label ...now that there is no more Ness bike @ .2 lower..:ltr:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Victory Magnum

It seems that they basically took the most common mods being done to the XC and made a new bike.

21" front wheel
1" lowered
body colored fairing
better audio
better performance (torque is 105 ft/lbs)

All for $21,999.

I do like the new paint though, no flames.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Wow, I am impressed to say the least. Victory Listened and is now making Cross bikes with more style and features that a lot of us asked for. Speaker lids for the saddle bags is big on my list right now so I'm glad I waited. The new factory offerings look great and the price is great considering I don't have to pay hundreds to have them painted. Ape hangers, 21" wheel, and matching fenders all good offerings from Ma Vic's house. Proof that Victory isn't going anywhere as some were worried about in other threads. Check out the accessory list too. All the new parts are available for existing models. Great move Victory!

·
Banned
471 Posts
Wow, I am impressed to say the least. Victory Listened and is now making Cross bikes with more style and features that a lot of us asked for. Speaker lids for the saddle bags is big on my list right now so I'm glad I waited. The new factory offerings look great and the price is great considering I don't have to pay hundreds to have them painted. Ape hangers, 21" wheel, and matching fenders all good offerings from Ma Vic's house. Proof that Victory isn't going anywhere as some were worried about in other threads. Check out the accessory list too. All the new parts are available for existing models. Great move Victory!
Couldn't agree more....cheers

·
Registered
477 Posts
I love it!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Not saying it is not a great bike---but it is still a Cross Crountry. Why a different name for the same bike with some mods???? This would be a CC Ness--if Ness had done the design work. Right????

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The 21" wheel should have always been there IMHO. Looks sweet, and not a bad price for all the upgrades (especially compared to the CVO HDs).

BTW, the bike has always had 106 ft. lbs. of torque (measured at the crank, not the wheel), so no performance bump :(

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

1 - 20 of 51 Posts