Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all,

So I have a 2016 Victory cross-country tour with the upgraded sound system including speakers in the saddle bags and and the trunk. I had all of this work done by the dealer prior to taking ownership of the bike which was purchased brand new.

Fast forward to today and my saddlebag speakers no longer work and the audio shop I had test the speakers told me that the signal coming in also indicates that the amp is bad.

I then contact my dealer to find out where the amp is located anime and formed that the amp is behind the front fairing attachment. I'd take apart the front fairing and see a small amp mounted to the right side wall facing the bike. I also see the main unit for the audio which also appears to have some kind of built in amp.

Problem is when I disconnected the small amp that was supposed to be solely powering the two 6 by 9's in the saddlebags. It did not cut power to those speakers it only cut power to all 4 of my front fairing speakers.

Is it possible that there is another amp on the bike somewhere? Or Are the rear saddle bag speakers being powered by the main radio unit?

I have a new am as well as new 6 by 9 speakers and for the life of me I cannot figure this out. I have to figure out where the audio is power to The saddlebag speakers so that I can connect the new amp to those speakers.

I would definitely welcome and thank any help at all that anybody could give me. It is just a little bit frustrating when the people who installed the system cannot give me the information that I need.

Thank You:
Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not 100% certain but I thought it was mounted under the rear fender.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts