Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when they'll release the 2016 line up of Vic's? Are they gonna have any new models?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The California Emissions Board has been the go to plafe to find out new model names in the past. Victory doesn't show any certificates or registrations for c3rtificates to date. Also Victory doesn't show any new engines so it's a safe bet that if they come out with a water cooled bike (with the Indian Scout engine) it won't be until after the July dealers meeting and Sturgis.

So far it looks like this will one of many years that the only changes are going to be new colors. If that's the case prepare to read posts with people complaining!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Isn't that the truth.

In the past Victory would throw a little teaser video or ad at us. Usually a good few months before show time. I don't think anything new is coming this year. The Magnum X1 still steals the show. Lloyds has something under wraps but it's probably an Indian.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I finally finished reading that interview. Sounds like a lot on the horizon but nothing much for this year. Maybe a new paint job or something minor like that. It also sounds like the Indian's are currently selling better than the Vic's or maybe the stock on the dealer floors has made the need for making more right now a bit of a non issue.

It also looks like Victory will be getting a water cooled sport bike/super bike in the next year or two with the 156 Pikes Peak bike engine being the prototype for them.

The "Core" bike everyone asks about is actually the basic frame on the X bikes and Visions but they want to build a cruiser style bobber similar to that design. I see that as a good thing and would be a new bike in that class to maybe be a modern version of the Highball.

It also sounds like Victory electric bikes will be the Tesla of motorcycles with performance and looks in mind. Those who are interested in something bland just to go from point A to point B will need to look elsewhere.

Never know though. Polaris has been known to surprise us but right now it looks like a flat year for something new.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
CARB lists certification for a bike named "Octane", and Lloyd has a new unreleased bike at his shop. Details will be posted this weekend
Cool beans! Maybe I'll get to see it next week or the week after at Sturgis. My luck they will wait till after I leave. :(

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm on vacation in a city I used to live in and regularly dropped in at the Polaris dealer. If their showroom floor is any indication of what's to come then the news next week is going to be primarily an Indian focus. I'm sure most of us thought that already anyway.

The floor space used to be pretty much evenly split between KTM, Polaris Off Road and Victory. Today it's about one fifth each of KTM and Victory and the Off Road stuff isn't even in the building. Well over half is dedicated to Indian with an even split between bikes and accessories. There are at least a couple of examples of each bike with a variety of colours and more Indian fluff in a few months than they had for Victory in 10 years. In one corner there's a few pricey Vic pieces of bling gathering dust and the obligatory Victory tshirt that they couldn't even bother to put the dealers name on. In the other corner there is a full blown Indian clothing store that would have the HD dealers blinking. Leather seats for the touring bikes the size of a Buick and more styles and sizes of jackets, pants, vests, saddlebags, anything. Accessories you'd have to order from Victory and wait a couple of months for are there on full display for the Indian crowd just waiting for you to pick them up.
The Indian name is where the profit is and they've learned some lessons from HD about marketing the persona.

To be fair, they are in the process of making the building about 4 times larger so the four wheelers should hopefully be off the grass by the time the snow flies.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I'm on vacation in a city I used to live in and regularly dropped in at the Polaris dealer. If their showroom floor is any indication of what's to come then the news next week is going to be primarily an Indian focus. I'm sure most of us thought that already anyway.

The floor space used to be pretty much evenly split between KTM, Polaris Off Road and Victory. Today it's about one fifth each of KTM and Victory and the Off Road stuff isn't even in the building. Well over half is dedicated to Indian with an even split between bikes and accessories. There are at least a couple of examples of each bike with a variety of colours and more Indian fluff in a few months than they had for Victory in 10 years. In one corner there's a few pricey Vic pieces of bling gathering dust and the obligatory Victory tshirt that they couldn't even bother to put the dealers name on. In the other corner there is a full blown Indian clothing store that would have the HD dealers blinking. Leather seats for the touring bikes the size of a Buick and more styles and sizes of jackets, pants, vests, saddlebags, anything. Accessories you'd have to order from Victory and wait a couple of months for are there on full display for the Indian crowd just waiting for you to pick them up.
The Indian name is where the profit is and they've learned some lessons from HD about marketing the persona.

To be fair, they are in the process of making the building about 4 times larger so the four wheelers should hopefully be off the grass by the time the snow flies.

This is my dealer your speaking of... They have only ever dedicated that one little corner to the Vic's. It's going to be interesting to see how much space we get once the reno is finished.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CARB lists certification for a bike named "Octane", and Lloyd has a new unreleased bike at his shop. Details will be posted this weekend
I'm lookin forward to seeing that, seems like something that gets sent to Lloyd before anyone else gets to see it should be pretty cool

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you look at the slingshot Instagram page, you'll see they are releasing something on the 27th.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
If you look at the slingshot Instagram page, you'll see they are releasing something on the 27th.
Well, going by the video, it's not the Octane. Wonder what it is. Maybe they are releasing info on the Octane which may be a street version of the 156.

I never guess right when it comes to Victory. They always surprise me. :( I dunno. Maybe that's a good thing. I mean who doesn't like surprises right? Especially the good kind.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Maybe that's why they discounted my '15 Cross Country $4000 off MSRP...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts