Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
@DwayneS ... I went through 2 years of bullshit dealing with the heat and buffeting issues I had with my XC, once on a 95 degree day when I had hard lowers on, I got heat stroke and was wretching after an hour ride.
It pretty much goes like this, if you have a "hot" XC any type "wind control"(the hard lowers of the Tour, in your case) is going to put excessive heat on you as the rider. The hotter the outside temp the worse you're going to feel the heat. If the wind control is removed the pooling heat while riding will be stopped. The problem is once the wind control is removed, buffeting is introduced ...head shaking, eyeglass ripping buffeting :mad:
If you do not intend to remove the lowers then plan on dealing with the heat. From my experience you're going to get little to no relief doing things to the engine(unplugging the O2 sensors, tuners etc). Better fueling may drop the internal engine temp a few degrees, but there is still massive heat being produced and it is evacuating on the rider.
I can suggest one thing if you intend to run with the lowers, its counter intuitive but in hot weather do not run with the vents wide open...For whatever reason the open vents cause the engine heat to be pooled onto the legs and groin. Try running with the vents only cracked no more then 1/4 open.

After much money, trial and error, I found solutions that work for me. I can now ride in high temperatures without feeling like I'm sitting in an oven and I've completely killed any annoying buffeting effects.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
The 2016 and 2017 have a four wire O2 sensor ( I checked mine). Two are a resistor (white wires) and two (gray and black) are the actual O2 sensor. If you want to disable the O2 without getting the error code you just cut the black wire. Or you buy a dongle that you plug into the wiring harness when you disconnect the O2 sensor in total. In either case you don't get the error code. The dongles are selling for $40 each.

I'm not gonna do either, at least for now.
There is the answer.... Thanks mate, I knew someone would chim in....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
12,968 Posts
never cut the wire. Get some pickes from auto store

21 - 23 of 23 Posts