Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my Vegas for 1 week, noticed I have NO running lights other than the headlight and tail light.

I would like to find a system to make the rear turn signal lights also be running lights, have their amber glow when running at a reduced rate.

On the front I can install fork mounted driving lights.

would like to keep a kinda stock look, nothing too radical. Perhaps a dual filament base conversion.

anyone else thought of this?

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts

·
Registered
12,150 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BBob,
yes you are correct, running and tail lights and brake lights should be RED, while as some eurpean vehicles have , AMBER is sometimes used for the turn signals.

Therefore If i could get RED lenses the conversions would be possable

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
I converted amber rear signals ever since about 1980 and got stopped only one time and talked my way out of a ticket be by saying, "You noticed! That's why I do that. I call it self preservation. If you write a ticket, I will just chalk it up to a life insurance premium." He didn't.
Amber is a helluva lot more noticeable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blinker Genie

The blinker genie from customled.com will do this without much work at all. It runs your turn signals full time, then flashes them (out of phase with the other signals) when you use your turn signals. No dual-filament base conversion or complex wiring/routing to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts