Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you’re lucky, you’ve got at least one friend like this guy. You know, the one who’s always the ring leader, the one with the mad glint in his eye, always the center of attention, talking a little bit louder – OK, a lot louder – than everyone else, but unlike some people who behave the same way and seem obnoxious, this guy pulls it off. It’s the gravitational pull of his personality. Everybody gets along with him and goes along with him and, every so often, gets in trouble with him (though not as frequently as they did 10 years ago). Still, when it’s all over but for the storytelling, he wraps the narrative around all the participants, making the tale – and by extension, everyone involved – larger than life.

2015 Victory Magnum Review

Victory set out to build a bike for that charismatic guy. He wouldn’t ride a subtle bike. It would be flashy. And loud. And when necessary, it would kick some ass.

2016 Victory Magnum X-1 right side
Yes, the X-1 looks like a Magnum, but it’s so much more. Dare we say they turned it up to 11?
These days, custom baggers are the bikes attracting the extroverted type of cruiser rider. Last year, Victory took the Cross Country (a motorcycle that, when in the Tour configuration, has the chops to chase horizons and take 5,000 Mile Test Ride Editor, John Burns, through the Great American West) and slammed the rear an inch lower and bumped the front wheel to 21 inches. Since that wasn’t enough, a six speaker, 100 W sound system was inserted into the fork-mounted fairing, and Victory’s styling department created a choice of three bold custom paint schemes. When they stepped back and saw that it was good, they named it Magnum and let it loose on an unsuspecting public at a Las Vegas introduction. Only they didn’t take any time off to rest.

2014 Victory Ness Cross Country Limited-Edition Review

Tonight, March 7, 2015, in Daytona Beach, Florida, Victory unveiled an even more over-the-top version of an already over-the-top motorcycle. Call it the big brother of the Magnum. The Magnum X-1 picks up where its sibling left off. If 100W of sound is good, 200W is better. Having it come from behind the rider turns the X-1 into a mobile surround sound system. Each saddlebag has a 6×9 speaker with a 1.2 in. tweeter grafted into its lid, and the rear channels get 100W of their own power, bringing the total number of speakers to 10 – enough to beat wind and exhaust noise into submission.

2016 Victory Magnum X-1 speaker
Located in a prime listening position, the 6×9 speakers put out enough power to fill a small concert venue.
Doubling the Magnum’s power output wasn’t enough, though. The X-1 also receives its own loud paint scheme. Bright read striping covers a glossy black and platinum base colors. As with the Magnum, the bag hardware and engine cowling are color matched, as are the close-outs between the bags and the fenders. The 21 in. front hoop gets an upgrade, though. Specially designed wheels cut from a single billet of aluminum have glossy black paint to highlight the machined design of the spokes. A smoked lens covers the cool LED headlight, which Victory claims 75% brighter than an incandescent unit.

Add all this to the stout frame and powerful engine of the Cross Country, and you’ve got an urban trawler that Victory claims can easily go head-to-head with the competition. We’ll have to wait on that to test for ourselves, but what we do know is that, while the Cross Country has always been a weapon pointed directly at Harley-Davidson’s best selling model, the Street Glide, the X-1 has its sights set on the Street Glide CVO and its updated for 2015 Boom audio system, which in a spec-sheet battle features 12 speakers and 300W of power. However, there is a significant price difference between the CVO and the X-1 ($36,349 and $24,499, respectively). We’re thinking that this could be the first shot of the motorcycle stereo wars. So, we clearly will need to investigate further as soon as the X-1 is available.

Read More Here: 2016 Victory Magnum X-1 Preview

·
13,183 Posts
So is this your opinion or BS you post in a magazine.
Where is the improvements on Victory bikes.
Harley makes improvements and Polaris pushes Indians before they fade away

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this your opinion or BS you post in a magazine.
Where is the improvements on Victory bikes.
Harley makes improvements and Polaris pushes Indians before they fade away
Just an article posted on our sister site Motorcycle.com that I wanted to share and show on the new site homepage.

Victory Forums

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
If I'm lucky i do not have a noisy dude who wants to be a ring leader in front .... This will jeopardize the not so experienced riders to try and follow this noisy wanne be leader ....

I like a quieter person who is an exultant rider to keep a nice pace in front ... And as always I'm the sweeper .... Last in the row, as i have the most years and a bit faster bike of the pack

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm lucky i do not have a noisy dude who wants to be a ring leader in front .... This will jeopardize the not so experienced riders to try and follow this noisy wanne be leader ....

I like a quieter person who is an exultant rider to keep a nice pace in front ... And as always I'm the sweeper .... Last in the row, as i have the most years and a bit faster bike of the pack
Written by editorial not me, think they where just trying to explain the type of person who they modeled the X1 after. Not my words nor my style.

By Evans Brasfield March 7, 2015
Photos by: courtesy Victory
https://www.linkedin.com/in/evansbrasfield

Come on though, good Spinal Tap reference:
"Yes, the X-1 looks like a Magnum, but it’s so much more. Dare we say they turned it up to 11?"

Jeff

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Damn, tough crowd-

·
Registered
459 Posts
At least has a better paint scheme than in 2015

2016:

vs 2015:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i like the 15 paint better i think

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
An assortment of solid colors wouldn't hurt either. Simple touches like pinstripes on a solid color would set it apart nicely. But then again, I'm biased toward subdued looks. KISS principle at the forefront. Still better than many CVO bikes though.

·
13,183 Posts
Demo days here. Look at the new bikes sitting in the sun. Be hard not to buy one the way they sparkle.
Lot of metal flack in the paint

Electric bike is very skinny and tall. Nice seat Vic should do that to all of them

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Demo days here. Look at the new bikes sitting in the sun. Be hard not to buy one the way they sparkle.
Lot of metal flack in the paint

Electric bike is very skinny and tall. Nice seat Vic should do that to all of them
Lucky dog, we get the damn demo days in the middle of friggin' December when your nuts are up in your throat as you ride.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thinks these bikes need a larger rear tire or something. They look odd from the seat back. Maybe they need to be lowered a bit but something does not look right about the rear half of the bike. Maybe a longer frame? More rake in the forks might help. Dunno but a bigger rear tire would go a long way on improving the overall look

·
Registered
2 Posts
New the forums and Victory. My observation is Vic offers choices so stay in your lane where your comfortable. If price is an issue, the base models offer a great solid reliable platform to start off with and need nothing-purist rejoice.

As you go thru the range, yes certain colors, style naturally draw, you, the rider-buyer towards that, yet I noticed alot shy away from the X-1 stating it's for extroverts and leading toward their true interest, riding well. That's fine, yet anyone who would buy an X-1 in far from a shrinking violet-introvert-- who probably doesn't tune-modify-hook up their scoot unless it's for piling on more miles, which is good yet is short sited as the market place, tuners, and utimately, riders who are buyers determine trends whether your tastes approve or not.

Just my .002 and ride your scoots

1 - 13 of 13 Posts