Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 vision, and love it. Had many hd baggers, but the vision is a rock solid touring bike. Have to admit tho, would like to see a new vision with something like 150hp and maybe water cooled!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was at a demo day last weekend. I asked the Victory guy if he thought there would be a new Vision out this year. His reply was short and simple. "Don't count on it". Not that he would have anymore inside knowledge than anyone else. cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
I own a 2013 vision, and love it. Had many hd baggers, but the vision is a rock solid touring bike. Have to admit tho, would like to see a new vision with something like 150hp and maybe water cooled!
What's the highest HP output the existing 106 engine can be modified to? When you hit 100mph in fifth gear and still have a sixth gear left, what more do you need? Quicker acceleration to get there?

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
What's the highest HP output the existing 106 engine can be modified to? When you hit 100mph in fifth gear and still have a sixth gear left, what more do you need? Quicker acceleration to get there?
How about power to pull mountain grades 2 up loaded for a road trip or passing or having the big rig change lanes into you with no where to go except acceleration to get you out.

Why does more power always equate to going fast or being careless? ....and yea more power is also a lot of fun.

·
13,003 Posts
I read where Kawasaki is coming out with a supercharged bike.
187 rear wheel horsepower. $28k.
Now if Vic was smart they would build a supercharged bike. Heck with the cmas just make a beast

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Its now common knowledge that Victory is going to morph into a performance lineup of bikes since Indian represents the cruiser side. So low sellers like the Vision will be the first to 1. Get no changes and 2. Get eighty-sixed. My guess is the only changes we will see in the near future are colors and parts bin add-ons. Ma Vic ain't spending all that time and money on race bikes for the fun of it. Can you say threatened species?

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Its now common knowledge that Victory is going to morph into a performance lineup of bikes since Indian represents the cruiser side. So low sellers like the Vision will be the first to 1. Get no changes and 2. Get eighty-sixed. My guess is the only changes we will see in the near future are colors and parts bin add-ons. Ma Vic ain't spending all that time and money on race bikes for the fun of it. Can you say threatened species?
The cross country is a good seller they'll keep the $$ bikes in production for sure. I don't believe they're threatened at all but they will cut the fat out.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
The cross country is a good seller they'll keep the $$ bikes in production for sure. I don't believe they're threatened at all but they will cut the fat out.
The Victory I own and ride is a good example of that. It got pulled when Ma Vic saw the XC way outselling the XR. I guess their thinking was anyone wanting a XR, but seeing its no longer available will opt for a XC. Not this kid, I'm maintaining my XR so it will last me a long, long time, since it's irreplaceable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ride with a bunch of Goldwingers. They all ask what the new model is going to have. Mostly just color changes, etc.. When you get it right there's no need for much else, is there?
While I think the engineers did their homework on this model, I also think they quit. With the exception of helical tranny gears, front fender fixes, and ABS. What else needs to change?
I'd like a little extra cubbie hole space for sunglasses, gps lid, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts