Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello you all,
Trying to find some Synthetic 10w-30 API GL-1 Motorcycle Oil (wet clutch approved) without luck. Worried that the Honda HP4S 4 stroke 10w-30 API SJ I am using is a higher GL-4. To avoid any confusion this is a transmission on a electric bike so I should use the recommended oil rather than 10w-40. Hoping to squeeze out extra performance by keeping the fluid clean. If any one is an expert on oil, or can offer advice I would be grateful. I may need to reach out to Amsoil, ect.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Beautiful bike, how does it ride ? Any problems ? Must be a blast ...

I downloaded your manual and googled the oil, so see 2 samples below

Follow this link for your oil

https://www.motorex.com/en-us/...r-oil/moto-gear-oil-sae-10w30/

MOTO GEAR OIL SAE 10W/30 is a multigrade, synthetic-base gear oil specially tailored to the requirements of motorbikes. First-class base oils and cutting-edge additives ensure optimum lubrication and shiftability.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by...nthetic-metric-motorcycle-oil/

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the oil links. I just received some 10-30 Amsoil that is JASO MA, MA2 so that should fulfill the wet clutch requirement. I'll check out Motorex next. Empulses are smooth and quiet. Silent when at a stop and just a little whirring sound while riding (it's electric in case I forgot to mention). Everyone wants to know if it has crazy amounts of torque. It has normal torque. I was surprised by how much a difference the regenerative braking makes - Its hard to cycle the battery enough to balance it without driving on the highway.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Deleted stuff
- Its hard to cycle the battery enough to balance it without driving on the highway.
Awsome you got the oil,

What do you mean by cycle the battery & balancing ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great question! Rechargeables are basically 2 cells filled with an electrochemical medium separated by a membrane. As the battery is drained the electrons in the medium travel from one cell to the other through the membrane. Fully draining the battery and then charging it, keeps the cells healthy. That is cycling the battery. When you fully charge the battery and leave it plugged in after it reaches 100% the electrons travel back through the membrane. This is called balancing and helps with battery health and longevity. Since the most expensive part on this bike by far is the battery ($5000.00), it is a important part of maintenance. The battery's are rated for thousands of cycles (1500?) before they start to lose range. I'm not a electrical engineer but I think I have the basics right. Sometimes I cheat and cycle the battery by leaving the headlight on if I didn't get a chance to ride enough to deplete the charge below 20% that month. I keep a journal with all miles, charging, maintenance, ect so I can track the performance. The bike is not as bitching as a custom like Orange Madness, but its light, fun and has the novelty factor. Hopefully Polaris will rebrand them as Indians and they will go from a fad to more of a mainstream option.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Sounds about right. I learned about battery balancing when I was messing around with electric RC helicopters (before the drone craze hit). Those LiPo batteries definitely need to be balanced properly. And don't overdraw them ;)

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Hello you all,
Trying to find some Synthetic 10w-30 API GL-1 Motorcycle Oil (wet clutch approved) without luck. Worried that the Honda HP4S 4 stroke 10w-30 API SJ I am using is a higher GL-4. To avoid any confusion this is a transmission on a electric bike so I should use the recommended oil rather than 10w-40. Hoping to squeeze out extra performance by keeping the fluid clean. If any one is an expert on oil, or can offer advice I would be grateful. I may need to reach out to Amsoil, ect.
Thanks
We are all experts on oil.
Just ask us!

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Cyceling the batteries ....

I have a solar pannel system, running on 4 piece of 6 volt / 225 Amph = a 12 volt system of 425 Amph .....

And i never cycled (emptied) the batteries ... There is a function called equalizing on the solar pannel charge controler .... Maybe that is the same ?

How many ampere hours are your batteries of the TT ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts