Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to go look at this Vegas nest week (maybe trade my wing) I know I want a tach but all I have seen is the white face. Do they make a black face tach to match the Speedo or would I have to replace the speedo to match the tach?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I am going to go look at this Vegas nest week (maybe trade my wing) I know I want a tach but all I have seen is the white face. Do they make a black face tach to match the Speedo or would I have to replace the speedo to match the tach?
I am not sure about the face color, but there is a digital tach built in. It goes up and down in increments of 50rpm (my 2012 highball did anyway). Nothing beats an analog tach, but the digital option is there until you can get more familiar with the sound of the engine at various RPM's. That's what I did to help me learn to live without a tach.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not sure about the face color, but there is a digital tach built in. It goes up and down in increments of 50rpm (my 2012 highball did anyway). Nothing beats an analog tach, but the digital option is there until you can get more familiar with the sound of the engine at various RPM's. That's what I did to help me learn to live without a tach.
I was able to find a grid that showed RPM based on what gear/how fast you were going with my Boulevard. I've searched high and low for something similar for the Vegas and have come up empty handed. I just want to know what RPM I'm at when I'm on the interstate and if I'm shifting too soon! I could live without a tach with that information.

But hey, if I ever find a tach, I am definitely going to snatch it up!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Going from a Wing to a Vegas is a big switch. What's got you wanting to make such a trade?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts