Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know I just got a 2017 Vision, this morning it would not start. all lights and everything come on, no error code shows up but the starter motor wont engage not even a click.
The kill switch is normal and Im pulling in the clutch handle. The battery indicates a charge of 14v

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Does your fuel pump prime?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Does the Vision have a kickstand sensor? I know my XCT doesn't...

·
13,003 Posts
have you checked the fuses up under the V

do the headlights go out when you push button. That would be a sign of bad power.

down behind battery is the 40 amp relay. with key on you should have power to one side. When you push button you should have power to both sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was no sign of the starter even trying, the lights and everything looked normal and strong. no dimming.
It was about 40F this morning but I doubt that would cause issues? The bike is stored in a garage and it started fine two days ago.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Can't say I've heard of this before, but maybe it's the starter button itself?
Did you do any electrical work where you had to disconnect any wiring connectors?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive literally had it out for only one 50mile ride since I got it from the dealership it has less than 100mi on the OD

It was damaged during delivery to me a month ago so I wonder if when they did repairs something got messed with....Im going to try once more this afternoon when I am home from work before I call them and make some noise.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I remember that. I wonder if the wire(s) are damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Two things not mentioned: Tip over switch and battery. Yeah, yeah, I know its a new battery, but another OP posted today that replacing what appeared to be a good battery solved his bike's problem.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant imagine how given where the only damage happened (in the upper right mirror/faring) although it did come to rest on the right handgrip...

They maybe did not connect something back right when they had the front faring apart I guess.

Tipover SW would have shown up on the display? and then why did it start and run fine the other day?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, this was my dumb moment. I do not know what I was thinking but I had the key in the "Accessory" position DUH....This is the first bike ive owned that the ACC position is located after the ignition so I am just used to turning the key clockwise all the way.
Lesson learned

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Well, this was my dumb moment. I do not know what I was thinking but I had the key in the "Accessory" position DUH....This is the first bike ive owned that the ACC position is located after the ignition so I am just used to turning the key clockwise all the way.
Lesson learned
Gah! Glad you found it!!

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
If all else fails, read the manual!

·
13,003 Posts
not like you're the lone ranger when is comes to doing silly things

1 - 16 of 16 Posts