Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Would be great to get back home. Got caught in a freak storm a week back starting off on the Mackinac bridge, hard rain, no visibility, 50 mph winds and had to ride the steel grate due to construction. 5 miles and 20 stories up sideways. Pucker factor was up there pretty high fir a bit. Good adrenaline rush tho.

Got to the Vic rally there were guys scared to ride it dry in no wind...lol. Be good to have some decent weather there since March sucks here.

I'll keep an eye on the Weather, but tentative yes right now.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I read this thread the other day. Really read it just know. Put have plans to ride to Bandera in Feb. One other Victory rider and a couple of HD's. You know there was a Victory meet at the Johnson City Pig Roast that went for ten years. I guess the largest number of Victory scooters was 35, in that area. Riders from all over Texas and a few from out of state now and then. Many from Houston. It started in 2005 and the only time it did not rain was the 10th year. Only 2 of use made it. The old days, I have ridden with Victory riders from New York to California. From Washington state to Florida. Rode with 2 guys from Canada and 1 from Great Britain.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I read this thread the other day. Really read it just know. Put have plans to ride to Bandera in Feb. One other Victory rider and a couple of HD's. You know there was a Victory meet at the Johnson City Pig Roast that went for ten years. I guess the largest number of Victory scooters was 35, in that area. Riders from all over Texas and a few from out of state now and then. Many from Houston. It started in 2005 and the only time it did not rain was the 10th year. Only 2 of use made it. The old days, I have ridden with Victory riders from New York to California. From Washington state to Florida. Rode with 2 guys from Canada and 1 from Great Britain.
It's alright you can always come back down again we don't mind.

35 Vics at once must have been a sight to see.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Can you all pull me along in my wheelchair? LOL

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
It's alright you can always come back down again we don't mind.

35 Vics at once must have been a sight to see.
2005 and 2006 Victory did the Rocky Mountain Freedom Rally. Started with a big party in Montrose, Colorado on Friday night The we road over the Million Dollar High way to Durango and another party. In 2006 Me my wife, 2 guys from Canada and a Victory Rep closed down the club where the party was held. Got up late barely made it in time for the group picture. Me, my wife and a guy from Pennsylvania. Barley got there in time. There was just us 3 on the front roll. That picture was in the Victory magazine. Both years there was at least 200 Victory's at the meet. We did a run to Eastern Oklahoma. There was 50 vic's on that run. Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Florida and California riders made that run. Just a few years back we did a 27 Victory motorcycle run to Terlingua, Texas, boarder run. 2 guys from California made that run and a couple from Oklahoma. Many where from Houston.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I have a rope. You have good teeth?
Yup...I have all of mine! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Would be great to get back home. Got caught in a freak storm a week back starting off on the Mackinac bridge, hard rain, no visibility, 50 mph winds and had to ride the steel grate due to construction. 5 miles and 20 stories up sideways. Pucker factor was up there pretty high fir a bit. Good adrenaline rush tho.

Got to the Vic rally there were guys scared to ride it dry in no wind...lol. Be good to have some decent weather there since March sucks here.

I'll keep an eye on the Weather, but tentative yes right now.
I hope you can make it down.

Since I haven't jacked with you in awhile. Have your daughter fly down to Dallas and I'll take her down there. :grin

I'm gonna go back into hiding now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hope you can make it down.

Since I haven't jacked with you in awhile. Have your daughter fly down to Dallas and I'll take her down there. :grin

I'm gonna go back into hiding now.
Lol, now I've met you I figure you're not a bad fella. But that girl is a serious wildcat with expensive taste. She has beauty but it comes at a dire price ha ha. Has her mothers spending habits and my temper. You saw her pic.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I might with the wife.

This group ride started last year when Teflon Mike came to Texas for vacation. We said then we would try to do at least one big group ride a year. This year was a good turn out but I suspect next year will be better.
Would be really great if you swapped one of your Jetsons for this:

http://www.fuelpowersports.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=2672377&p=2&make=victory motorcycles&s=Price&d=A&fr=xallInventory

Plus be a great excuse to ride up this way! ")

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The idea is to dump one the jetsons and get a more masculine bike worthy of a bulldog! Lol
No sir!!! If I hit the lottery I'm coming up there and clearing them out of all their Visions........ I'll pick up a few different ones too.

They have an 08 Vision Street with low miles and warranty for cheap. They also have a 10 Vision Tour with low miles cheap.

Maybe it's time for you to give up the Pin and join our squadron. Or, keep the Pin and get the Tour so you can ride down for the Hill Country ride.

·
Registered
426 Posts
No sir!!! If I hit the lottery I'm coming up there and clearing them out of all their Visions........ I'll pick up a few different ones too.

They have an 08 Vision Street with low miles and warranty for cheap. They also have a 10 Vision Tour with low miles cheap.

Maybe it's time for you to give up the Pin and join our squadron. Or, keep the Pin and get the Tour so you can ride down for the Hill Country ride.

Lol, just ran over 2k on the Pin two weeks back. Had tons of compliments from the HD and Vic crowds as well as strangers. Funny thing is the HD guys always seem to mention the fugly Vic that looks like a spaceship! Tee hee...

Just not my style ill stick with the cruisers. Just tryin to help ur image man! 😂

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lol, just ran over 2k on the Pin two weeks back. Had tons of compliments from the HD and Vic crowds as well as strangers. Funny thing is the HD guys always seem to mention the fugly Vic that looks like a spaceship! Tee hee...

Just not my style ill stick with the cruisers. Just tryin to help ur image man! 😂
All I got from that was you're riding down in March.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
The Bulldog is ready for our trip! BTW, I chewed my image up long ago. Like all things that end up on the floor in a Bulldogs world.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just a reminder our ride is just around the corner. It is on and should be a great turn out. If you're thinking about joining flip the switch and book you a room.

We will be staying at the Super 8 in Kerrville. Many will be arriving Wednesday March 28 and leaving that Saturday or Sunday. I'm leaving Saturday.

Anybody in the Houston area that would like to ride out with Chuck and I are welcome to join. We're are heading up Wednesday morning. We'll be meeting at the big Buccees on 290 at 0530 with kickstand up at 0600 to arrive in Kerrville around noon to meet the group, check in, and grab a burger.

Anybody interested hit my up for more details.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts