What a long ass name....lol

·
Premium Member
778 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Awesome! Now go get muddy:devil
Might be a little tough for the next few months given that Pain lives in Connecticut. Hopefully he will get some breaks in the winter weather and can get out to some off-road areas without freezing.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
With a 36" seat height, I'd need to stand on that retaining wall to get on (and never get off).

But, hey, congrats!

You gonna see how the traction is in the snow, over the winter?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, it'll be a while before I can get to any serious off-roading, I probably won't be able to get much road riding either....not for a few months anyway. But, I am going to keep this bike on the road during winter, getting in rides when I can.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Country of origin?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wish I had indoor bike parking.

Looks like a fun new toy. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Hey PaiN....Save that metal framing for future projects.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Country of origin?
Designed and spec-ed in America, built in China from Taiwanese, Chinese and Canadian parts.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far, I've re-routed the front brake line to under the headlight fairing(I have no idea why it was run in front of the headlight), while under there I cleaned up the wiring and made it all nice-nice and out of the way. Also had to tighten up the dash.
Then I tucked and stowed the rear lighting wiring which was hanging down from the rear fender. I used a "P" shaped wire-stay around the wire bundle then mounted the stay to the inside of the fender using the reflector bolt & nut.. worked like a charm.
I did a complete bolt check and all were good to go. Seems like the more critical ones(engine mounts etc.) have thread-locker.
I found a couple small issues, the front brake caliper bolts are a little long and actually scrape the disk when fully seated...Easily fixed with an extra washer on each bolt. The speedo sensor was also hitting the brake disk and needed adjustment. The chain is badly out of adjustment and the right grip needs to be re-glued.
I'll get the seat off tonight, get some charge on the battery, get it out of the house(before I'm dead...) and fired up tomorrow. I plan to take it for a few spins around the neighborhood as a shake down cruise and to get a few heat-cycles on the engine.
Then the insurance and registration process will begin :|

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
You are very wise to do all that. So many assume all is right and off they go, riding into troubles. Waiting a ride report.
In the 1970s, I had a dirt bike and I lived one block from a huge and hilly city park. When it snowed, I rode it there and laid the first tracks of any kind in that snow in the park. Good times those!

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are very wise to do all that. So many assume all is right and off they go, riding into troubles. Waiting a ride report.
In the 1970s, I had a dirt bike and I lived one block from a huge and hilly city park. When it snowed, I rode it there and laid the first tracks of any kind in that snow in the park. Good times those!
except these days...such a heinous crime(riding in a public park) will get the SWAT team called on you :frown

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well heck, if we're gonna show off our new (to us) toys, here's mine. It's a work in progress as I restore it to like new condition and improve it where and when I can.
I don't see any knobies..... :ltr: ;)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the "reveal video" uploaded last night. today I'm getting the bike out of the house ;) for it first running and a more detailed video.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's my P-clamp fix for the rear wiring, attached to the left rear reflector stud.

and the engine stamp for you tech guys ;)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay friends....the Pitster is out in the wild now. :cool: I took some of the body panel stickers off, they were a little much for a guy my age and I just like this look better....Hopefully this will be the cleanest you ever see this bike ;). After these pics I fired it up for the first time...she came to life on the first push of the button. The bike has a nice quiet rumble(I'm happy about the low db's). I rode around the neighborhood for about 10mins....Who knew 18hp could be so fun :D the bike will be fine for around town riding but I can not wait to get it off-road where it belongs ...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts