Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Cooll

Very cool looking bike. It ought to be a lot of fun. Let us know what you think of it. You ought to have a blast on it. Merry Christmas. Maybe you can get Santa to bring all of us one! Ha, ha. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Maybe you can get Santa to bring all of us one! Ha, ha.
I must have done something :rolleyes: ....Santa was pretty much like; "Not a f***ing chance buddy!!! You want one, get it yourself" .... :|

:ltr:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Looks good. Didn't know it had turn signals for street.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
You plan on registering that, getting a license plate, for local errands, etc.? Or will be strictly off-road?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks good. Didn't know it had turn signals for street.
You plan on registering that, getting a license plate, for local errands, etc.? Or will be strictly off-road?
I'm defiantly going to register and plate it for street use, I'd have very little use for it strictly as a dirt bike. I'll use it for my short hop to work and riding to the area trails, I also want to get in on some group dual-sport rides.
The XTR 250 LC is fully equipped for road use, head\tail light, turn signals, brake lights, reflectors and a horn....Unfortunately, USA Motortoys is not on the CT "master list" so I'd have to take it through the CT DMV inspection, which its equipped to pass, except it came with a set of Kenda K785 tires which are off-road only(says "not for highway use" on the side wall). These won't pass. So I may apply for non-resident Vermont registration just to get it road legal and plated, then in the spring or summer after I change to a set of DOT certified dual-sport tires I'll transfer the reg back to CT

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I'm defiantly going to register and plate it for street use
Is someone challenging your ability to do this? I definitely hope not. :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Is someone challenging your ability to do this? I definitely hope not. :D :D :D
Hmmmm...that's odd that I typo'd that...I was posting form my PC and I don't use any predictive writer or spell check...so I typed that. Must mean something LOL

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I tried to make a 'first impressions" video yesterday...
I had worked outside on the bike for ~3hours with temp around 40 and a lots of wind. I had to check and switch the spacers on the front tire(which luckily I learned were different sizes), then add hand guards, which required a lot of fitting and I had to bore out the bar-ends because of internal thickness.
Anyway, by the time I got done and out riding & recording, the cold had crept in I was sniffling(so annoying on videos) and not stitching my thoughts together like I wanted....Basically I recorded crap ::mad: I was not happy with it, so it all got scrapped.
The video ain't working out yet, but damn the XTR 250 is a fun bike to ride, I guess I won't mind going out again to give it another try ;)

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
You shoulda posted that and told us you'll re-do it when you're sober. Who'd know you were only cold. :)

·
Premium Member
13,299 Posts
I tried to make a 'first impressions" video yesterday...
I had worked outside on the bike for ~3hours with temp around 40 and a lots of wind. I had to check and switch the spacers on the front tire(which luckily I learned were different sizes), then add hand guards, which required a lot of fitting and I had to bore out the bar-ends because of internal thickness.
Anyway, by the time I got done and out riding & recording, the cold had crept in I was sniffling(so annoying on videos) and not stitching my thoughts together like I wanted....Basically I recorded crap ::mad: I was not happy with it, so it all got scrapped.
The video ain't working out yet, but damn the XTR 250 is a fun bike to ride, I guess I won't mind going out again to give it another try ;)
Yeah; it goes like that sometimes unfortunately.

Is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke engine?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah; it goes like that sometimes unfortunately.

Is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke engine?
Its powered by a simple carburated, air-cooled, single cylinder, 2 valve 4 stroke engine.... This is what I wanted.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Gotta love simplicity. In this digital age, it's good that some things are still analog.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Gotta love simplicity. In this digital age, it's good that some things are still analog.
Simplicity and easy maintenance were the other half of the reasons why I bought this bike.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My Christmas present to you all ....a new vid :ltr:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I know I'm going kidda nuts with this bike...but I'm sure there will be a slow down after this. I have to get the bike registered\plated which will take a few weeks and there's not much more I can video or talk about until I can get off-road and\or ride enough miles to do some maintenance. How fast that goes depends on the weather, we usually don't get much ride-able in Jan and Feb around here :( .
I did a "walk around" today

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The XTR 250's seat is not meant to be sat on, not only is it uncomfortable but shaped just right to cause an immediate wedgie, which, within a couple miles becomes an "Atomic Wedgie.." :mad: For a pure dirt bike this seat works because its super narrow and there's not much to it but as a dual-sport seat its just not going to cut it.
So I started looking at options, of course there's no after-market seat available for this bike. I went to Seat Concepts, looking at foam\covers that might fit. But it is hard to tell what would be the right fit for the Pitster and I wasn't real thrilled to spend $180 I wasn't planning on. With more looking I found someone who had switched the padding and cover of their XTR with those from a Yamaha WR250R. The WRR seat is actually a close fit that with some trimming(see below) will work and be a major comfort improvement. While looking into this, I got offered a seat form a WR250X for $60 shipped to me(Thx N8)...I jumped on it immediately. The WRX seat arrived yesterday and I got to work, we had company coming so I couldn't finish, I'll do that today....
XTR(left) \ WRX(right)

WRX(top) \ XTR(bottom)

XTR apart

WRX apart

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This is the XTR pan laid in WRX foam. Not a bad fit :) just a little trimming and it should get right in there.

This is the planed cut-out in the WRX foam for the XTR battery box indent

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The trimming and fitting is done.

Tacked up and ready for my 1st attempt at upholstery... LOL

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
The trimming and fitting is done.

Tacked up and ready for my 1st attempt at upholstery... LOL

How did you whittle out the battery pocket?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Done... I had to square off the back a bit since the cover is not contoured to fit the new cut, other than that its not half bad. I sat on it and I like the feel much better, this seat will do fine.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts