Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
How did you whittle out the battery pocket?
I cut the edges to the correct depth, scored the inside in a block pattern, cut the blocks out, then scrapped the base to until it fit with a flat razor.
I was helped by a stiff wind that worked like a charm to blow all the foam particles away...If not for the wind I would have had a hell of a mess to clean up :|

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Back in the living room, stripped to its underwear and readied to chase down electrical gremlins

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
What kind of electrical issues are you having?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
What kind of electrical issues are you having?
No turn signals or horn... Turn signal indicator blinking on the dash but not the signal light itself and the horn just didn't do that horn thing its supposed to do, beep. :|

As it turns out, once I got it inside and could work in conditions that didn't make my hands and brain go numb, the problems were quickly found. I put a test light on all four of the turn signal "hot" wires and all of them gave strong "blinks" on the test light. Same with the horn. While I was checking things out, the rt. rear signal started working, so for ha-ha's and a double check, I moved that one around and it worked off the other three connections. I went out and got the stock horn I replaced form the Victory, plugged it in to the Pitster and it also worked(very loudly in the house....lol)
So I have three dead bulbs and a horn. I think I'm going to order LED turn signals, an LED headlight bulb(which I planed to do anyway) and since the Victory horn is a direct replacement I'll keep using it. I'll hit up Pitster to warranty the parts so I can have a spares. Yea...I am very glad this wasn't a MAJOR headache :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Whew we were rooting for you. Here's hoping that's a weird isolated case and not indicative of other parts on your baby.
I did a lot of research before buying this bike and for the most part, issues like this are par-for-course with Chinese motorcycles, so I'm not really surprised or upset. They have solid motors and frames. This Pitster XTR also has upgraded suspension, hubs\spokes\rims, triple tree and linkage over the other China bikes. So I'm prepared to deal with the little things.
I went ahead and ordered a set of LED turn signals, a CREE headlight bulb and a set Kenda K760 DOT tires....I should have this lil' baby registered and on the go by the end of the month....just in time for February :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Since I had the bike inside I took advantage and did a few things I been wanting to get done. K&N oiled the AF, moved the front brake line so it wasn't touching the hand guard bar, re-glued the left grip, removed a some graphics off the rear fender and the "for racing only" sticker. All the suspension settings were set at lowest\softest\slowest incl. the front pre-load...I took the time to count clicks and set them all at the mid-points. Once I get the new tires on I'll set the sag. I also have to adjust the chain, its way loose.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So it's not "for racing only" and can be plated for street?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So it's not "for racing only" and can be plated for street?
This bike's Certificate of Origin states "motorcycle" not "for off-road or racing only" and it has a VIN#, so that's a go. Once I get the DOT approved tires on, it'll meet all of CT inspection requirements. Once it passes a the DMV inspection and safety check I can insure and register it. Then I'm legal to hit the road, use the state trail systems and run it in the NETRA events.

This is CT motorcycle inspection check list:
https://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/modified_checklist.pdf

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well I cleared a major hurtle today with the XTR 250... It passed the CT DMV inspection. thumb up Now the way it clear for registration, all I have to do is add the bike to my insurance, then go back to the DMV pay the tax, the registration fee and they'll hand over my plate. :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yay, hard work and perseverance pays off. I hope that thing gives you much riding pleasure.
Its probably going to wreck me......... :ltr:
The XTR is such an utterly, completely different ride than the Vic, its fun on the opposite end of the riding spectrum...When I get on the Vic I have complete confidence, I know what the bike is going to do and how to bend it to my will... The Pitster on the other hand :rolleyes: this little bike gives me that pit in my stomach feeling, its like a young horse that hasn't been broken yet...I know its going to be a hell of a ride...before I learn it ;)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Success!! Plated and fully road legal in Connecticut thumb up

Last week I took the Pitster through the CT DMV safety inspection, after jumping through a few hoops and getting robbed of another $88, it passed.
Last night I added the bike to my Progressive Ins. policy on-line....Took the paper work to the DMV this afternoon, $263 later they handed me over the shiny, new plate.
I got home and promptly took the Pitster for a spin....I really enjoyed getting it out and stretching its legs for the first time...now for some dirt :cool:
The bike is a blast to ride, its got plenty of spunk for around town and back roads, it giddy-ups to speed no problem and handles very easily, 1st gear is so low its pretty much useless on the streets(but not bad for wheelies ;) ) ....lol the little engines HOWLS form that pipe at higher rpms.

After 2.5 months of no ridie it felt awesome to be out ripping around

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Out for a spin on the Pitster

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Took a spin on that bit of ice. You ok?
Looks fun otherwise.
A spin?? HA!! nonsense, it was a mere 180... :ltr:

I'm fine....From what I remember and what I've been learning about off-roading "get offs" are part of the game. I got the boots but I also will be getting some elbow\knee armor and off-road riding pants soon....Of course, I have a helmet, gloves and googles.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
As another frustrated rider sitting inside on a cold day in the Northeast, that was a refreshing and energizing break. Thanks for sharing and a shout out to your videographing skills - excellent video quality and editing. Pain's Rides RIDES!
If I could only figure out where to place the mic so it doesn't pick up my neanderthal breathing..... :|

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks like a great bike at a great price there PaiN. I've missed having an Enduro and sure thought about getting one, so now I need to read up on this one. Thanks buddy...ughhhhh

Enjoy riding it this year it looks like a blast!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Looks like a great bike at a great price there PaiN. I've missed having an Enduro and sure thought about getting one, so now I need to read up on this one. Thanks buddy...ughhhhh

Enjoy riding it this year it looks like a blast!
No problem, but I do feel a bit weird spending members money on a non-Victory product :| :ltr:

If you're really interested, here's a link to the "seminal" thread on this bike. Its probably the most in-depth info that's out there on Pitster Pro and the XTR 250.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/pitster-pro-xtr-t4-250.1267763/

41 - 60 of 83 Posts