1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey look it's a cross country tour...
Kinda.
Roadmaster Dark Horse.

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/2020-indian-thunder-stroke-lineup-announced.html

I wouldn't mind something like that after I run wheels off my Victory there should be some low miles used around.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Kinda.
Roadmaster Dark Horse.

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/2020-indian-thunder-stroke-lineup-announced.html

I wouldn't mind something like that after I run wheels off my Victory there should be some low miles used around.
OK so the new big inch Indian puts out 3ft/lbs more torque as my souped up Vegas 109.
But we know Polaris claim torque at the crank not the back wheel, mines at the back wheel.
Daresay my Vegas would weigh a bit less than an Injun dresser too.
Bet the Vegas revs harder and quicker too!
Dunno what my XCs 116 rear wheel torque would translate to at the crank?
Someone here would know. ..

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Kinda.
Roadmaster Dark Horse.<snip>
What aspects of this Indian bike make you feel it looks or acts like a Cross Country Tour?

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Aren't they all 116" now?

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
What aspects of this Indian bike make you feel it looks or acts like a Cross Country Tour?
Looks more like a Harley Street Glide to me which are nice looking bikes but if it's black you'll have a hard time finding it in the parking lot at a bike meet.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Look at the prices, they are outrageous.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I'm still not impressed... They are way too Harley (square) looking for me.... I still love the long sweeping sexy lines of our Vics.
They are getting there, slowly.
Look at Indian now versus several years ago. Changes being made. Less rolling chrome monument. Slowly creeping in more modern touches. Trying not to anger old timers.

I like what I see in the small changes but a while to go yet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks like a "Victory CCT to me", especially when the tour box is mounted...The lowers, side panels, shortened f fender.. All very familiar looking

Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like a "Victory CCT to me", especially when the tour box is mounted...The lowers, side panels, shortened f fender.. All very familiar looking
That is what I meant. Inspired by Victory. Now they need to throw that new engine inside it and we might have something worth buying.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That is what I meant. Inspired by Victory. Now they need to throw that new engine inside it and we might have something worth buying.
I'm so happy and comfortable with my 12 CCT and so distrusting of Polaris.. After 14 HD's and multiple BMW's/Oldwings/Guzzis - I finally find something I am REALLY attached to (7 years original owner) and MoCo vaporize it. :^(

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm so happy and comfortable with my 12 CCT and so distrusting of Polaris.. After 14 HD's and multiple BMW's/Oldwings/Guzzis - I finally find something I am REALLY attached to (7 years original owner) and MoCo vaporize it. :^(
My VTX is also a discontinued bike. It happens.
Only thing that matters to me is I like what I have at the moment.
I'm happy with my 2012 I picked up last year and I expect many more years of enjoyment. :)

I have more sense than money so I'm not going to spend more than $10-12k max on a bike. Happy to pick up the gently used garage art.
I'd love to ride more but it's hard to do that when you park outside and live in a salty winter state.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts