Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2,591 Posts
Why do you need a substitute? Perhaps you are worried about "semi-synthetic" vs. "synthetic". Don't be worried. Just go find some synthetic 20w-40 and use it. Brand does not really matter.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,610 Posts
People read manuals?

Oil is oil. Polaris doesn't own an oil company.
Use any JASO MA/MA 2 spec oil and your wet clutch will be fine.
Brand really doesn't matter as much as many think.

Google something like "Victory Jackpot oil" and you'll see threads from both forums.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can buy Victory 20x40 semi synthetic oil on E bay and amazon. It is expensive [something like 15.00 a quart] but how often do you change it anyway, so in my opinion it is worth it and cheap insurance.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Throwing money away but it's yours to burn if it helps you sleep better at night. :)

Iron Pony store in Columbus OH had multiple cases of Victory oil sitting around last year.

$15 a quart directly from Polaris. Ouch.

·
Administrator
2,591 Posts
More money for oil that is no better (and no worse) than buying Rotella by the gallon.

Reactions: Blowndodge

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Oil should never be used as "insurance" as no oil company insures your engine. Just like saying you run premium because "it's the good stuff".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hidy,
What's a good substitute for the 20w40 semi-synthetic in the manual? Thanks.
I usually just buy the Victory change kit from Amazon, ebay, or Walmart.com usually about $69-$74. That includes the oil, filter and new crush washer. By the time I drive 30miles round trip to the parts store and the gas at $4.80 a gallon, buy 5 qts of a good oil and filter, I have spent about the same amount of money and didn’t get a crush washer.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Best oil is clean oil

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Rotella T6 tested great when I sent it out to Blackstone. Could run it 10k miles between changes easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts