Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought it like this, so I don't have the specs on the front, but it's been raised in front, which I think gives it the raked look. The rear used to be lowered 3", but my driveway ate my exhaust tips, so not it's at 2". I liked the look of the 3, but my riding style didn't allow for the pipes to be so low in corners.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
check over on chopped baggers dot com. you get more pics. I had a 21 on my Road King before i sold it. Doing a 23 on my XCT. Not installed yet. but i'll get there. It too dang cold in the garage right now. I want to keep it ridable for my wife n me or i woulda went 26.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Nice rides guys! Wish mine was that far. I'm going with a Ness G3 23" wheel, matching rotors, 6 degree Ness trees, Vic Baggers tone wheel, Kewl Metal Kiru front fender. Most is here I'm just waiting another 4 weeks for my front fender.

Thinking about the front fairing turn signal delete. Just gotta figure out what to run for signals then. Too damn cold even in the garage to do anything right now. Not to mention falling on the ice the other day and really screwing myself up. As one ages it seems injuries take longer to recover from. Even minor one. Argh!

·
Premium Member
13,277 Posts
This one looks just right; geometry wise. Looks great overall too. If I ever get a windfall so I can do this mod; the 23" wheel and 6 degree rake is the way I'll go after seeing the pics in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yeah 6 degree is the only way to do a 23. I've searched all the deals I can find. My wheel was a blem so 400 off. Has a small minor nick in it. Talked them into throwing my a deal on wheel n matching rotor for 1500. Vtwinparts on eBay. Funny thing when I checked my paypal it was Arlen Ness Industries that I paid. Rake kit came from Phat Performance 899 then 5% off n free shipping. Kewl Metal had a 15% off sale for Christmas so fender was just over 315. Tire was 169 for an Avon off of eBay free shipping. Dyna beads were 20. Only thing I paid full price for was ABS tone ring. No I just gotta put it all together.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I dont care for the look of the 23 myself, so if i were to do it i would go 21, is a rake kit suggested with a 21? Or maybe a vicbaggers frame section with a little rake added with a 21?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
No rake needed for the 21. You could do it but NOT needed. As for the frame oiece kinda the same thing. You could do it on a 23 but again not needed until you do a 26.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought it like this, so I don't have the specs on the front, but it's been raised in front, which I think gives it the raked look. The rear used to be lowered 3", but my driveway ate my exhaust tips, so not it's at 2". I liked the look of the 3, but my riding style didn't allow for the pipes to be so low in corners.
What tire is that you have on the 21?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
crap.. and now I want a 23 rim.. thanks JERKS!!!! :ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I like a 21 myself until I pull up next to a 23

1 - 20 of 86 Posts