Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy parting out his Vegas and he has some nice wheels I can score at a nice price so I want to know if there would be any issue with a 21" front and an 18" rear on my XC. I know 21s are common but what about an 18" on the rear?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm changing tires on my next week so I could try different Wheels to see what the offset would be

XC, KP, & Custom MuscleVic in Boise

·
13,003 Posts
not sure a 18 will fit it the rear if thats what your asking. Going up 1 full inch might hit fender or front of swingarm

·
Registered
277 Posts
The OD is actually really close just the side wall is taller with a 16-inch wheel. What is the 18-inch wheel off of?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure of the brand but they are currently on an 05 Vegas.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Unless you can get a brake mount bearing housing for the right side of the wheel, you'd be losing half your front brake setup & going to a single disk. Not good. Got pics?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to get some pics from him but he said he thinks it is double Brembos on the front - There has been a lot of custom stuff done to the bike.
Rear tire differences...he has a 200/50/18 I believe so it calculates to being 1.4" overall diameter larger and .8 wider.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you can get it on then drop your rear as much as possible to see if anything hits. You want to see that on the stand not on the road.

Take pics of the project if it all works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts