Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning guys,
With all the ice and snow I might as well spend some money. I've been looking at purchasing a 21" rim and now ready to pull the trigger. I'm looking at the Ness Billet wheel 21 x 3.5. Besides getting the ABS ring is there anything i'm missing? Already got the fender from Witchdoctors and its been sprayed! cheers

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You actually don't need the ring for a 21" wheel... I found a post on here by Kevin X stating this. After I read that I did some more research and the ring still lines up with the sensor on a 21". If you look at the Vic website they don't offer a ring with there 21" upgrade package... I am doing the same upgrade as you, different wheel and fender of course. My fender is at the machine shop getting my personal touches put on it. Here is my wheel, it's a performance machine wheel. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1424530709.950418.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. That will save me 150.00! Nice looking wheel!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do you have to modify the forks, rake, or trees to install the 21" on a Cross bike?

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
+1 on what Dustin said. The kit victory sells confuses me because the are selling a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Look up the abs module part number between XC and magnum.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
All research I have done including the abs module indicates it will work... NOEMTZ instead of saying did you look up the part number why not tell us what you know? I know of other Vic riders who have swapped and when asked they did not indicate that a ring was needed or that a new ABS module was needed. If anyone knows different please chime in. Thank you in advance for any knowledge. I am about to embark on a 3 week Vacay to AZ and it would be good to know prior to departure.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My concern is that the abs ring is designed for a smaller wheel so while the new wheel may fit with the abs ring it will turn slower than before fooling the CPU. The cpu is going to think the rear is going one speed and the front another speed.

The ring is not a different size with the larger wheel, the teeth are just closer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Once you add the tire to a 21" vs the stock 18" the diameter of the wheel tire combo is the same... Hence the no need for raking. You can even use the stock fender, it looks stupid though cause it hides your wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The difference between the 21" vs the 18" is less than 8%.... I actually thought it was closer than that even. Now I am thinking there maybe a problem. I can't see the Vic's abs module being sensitive enough to pick up on that minuscule difference. It would surely be nice to know if I am mistaken though.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
No shouldn't be a huge issue... That being said I feel it already kicks in prematurely. I am just not used to ABS. It only took me about 10 years to get used to it in my truck, so only 9.5 to go. 😉

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
All research I have done including the abs module indicates it will work... NOEMTZ instead of saying did you look up the part number why not tell us what you know? I know of other Vic riders who have swapped and when asked they did not indicate that a ring was needed or that a new ABS module was needed. If anyone knows different please chime in. Thank you in advance for any knowledge. I am about to embark on a 3 week Vacay to AZ and it would be good to know prior to departure.
Victory Microfiche Info:
Magnum ABS Module Part # 2205573
XC, XCT, HB, CR ABS Module Part # 1911695

Either you change out Module or you change out ABS ring. Less expensive option is the ring.

When you buy the complete kit from Victory

This kit includes retuned extended-length forks that accommodate the installation of the 21” Front Wheel and 21” Front Tire on Cross Country models equipped with ABS as well as a lowered rear shock and rocker to take the custom style to the next level. Additionally, the kit includes floorboards with road feelers to accommodate the lean angle of the 21” wheel and lowered rear.

Features:
• Color: Black Forks, Black Lowering Kit, Chrome and Black Floorboards
• Kit Includes: Two extended-length front forks to accommodate 21” front wheel & tire;, lower rear shock and rocker, retuned ABS module, and floorboards with road feelers to accommodate lean angle of lowered rear
• Required & Sold Separately: 21" Front Wheel (available in multiple finishes); 21" Front Tire (5414996); 21" Front Fender (2880779; available in several colors) (each sold separately)
• Installation: Forks replace stock forks and stock ABS module. Lowering kit replaces stock rear shock and rocker, Floorboards with road feelers replace stock floorboards
• Fitment: Fits on Cross Country® & Cross Roads™ models equipped with ABS & with 21” front wheel & tire
• Victory® Engineered

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How's the fender from Witch Doctor? Did you get the one that is recently added to their website? I'm liking that look. Thinking about the 21" wheel this year too.
The fender is awesome! Its a little hard to get a visual without it on the bike. I'm working get it all on within the next 2 weeks. Camera is ready for the final product.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Are we for sure that a 21 will fit under the stock fender? i have thought about getting a 21 but trying to find someone to match the black and skulls paint job is like trying to find someone that thinks Kanye West is a "really nice guy"

·
12,970 Posts
NOEMTZ
I checked on this a few days a go looking on Vic's web site. I think Vic's doesn't have the right part number listed

2015 magnum p/n 2205573 Zip-Tie, w/T-Stud Base ( zip-tie )
whats zip tie with stud

2014 cross country p/n 1911695 MODULE-ABS,NK2R2,SERVICE
no zip tie with stud

21" Front wheel magnum abs ring p/n 5632541 RING-TONE,ABS

18" front mag wheel abs ring p/n 5632541 RING-TONE,ABS | [ABS MODELS ONLY]

18" front laced wheel abs ring p/n 5632541 RING-TONE,ABS

This info is right out of Vic's web site. Kevinx said on that other 3 letter web site that if you have the ABS ring you don't need to buy one.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts