Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, if I didn't like the wheel size, should a bought a jackpot But this is what I got.

Any ideas on why I can't buy a jackpot front wheel and put it on my hammer?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Why would you just look at Jackpot 21" wheels when there are so many other 21" brands that fit? Are you trying to match it to your rear wheel?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you just look at Jackpot 21" wheels when there are so many other 21" brands that fit? Are you trying to match it to your rear wheel?
That would be the cheaper route, but either way, any 21" front wheel, would it even work? I know that the front fender wouldn't work..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the same situation. Previously owned a Vegas but had to sell it few years ago. Got another opportunity this year buy a Victory and got a great deal on a hammer that I couldn't pass up. I didn't think I would miss the 21" but I actually do.

I get the whole "why not just get a Jackpot argument" and hindsight is 20/20. But instead of selling my hammer and getting a Jackpot, it seems like a lot less hassle to just swap out the front wheel, if thats all there is too it.

From searching the forum, it appears all that is needed are spacers to center the wheel and a new front fairing or modifying the stock fairing bracket. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
There are a few things that are different from the Hammer to Jackpot/Vegas wheels. The first being that the Hammer is typically a dual rotor setup while the Vegas/Jackpot is a single rotor. Vegas/Jackpot wheels are not made to accept a rotor on the right side of the wheel. The second, as you already mentioned is the fender size and mounting setup (easily overcome). Third, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the hubs are different. I believe that the width between the forks on the Vegas/Jackpot is different from the Hammer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
...From searching the forum, it appears all that is needed are spacers to center the wheel and a new front fairing or modifying the stock fairing bracket. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!!
Yes you could cut new spacers to center the wheel, but don't forget the rotor. I believe you'll have to shim it as well.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
That would be the cheaper route, but either way, any 21" front wheel, would it even work? I know that the front fender wouldn't work..
Ah, OK.

Yes a 21" or 23" will bolt straight on- you do not need any mods for the rotors. In fact a 21" does not require any different parts to what you already have, and a 23" will only require a new fender (i.e. your current fender is OK for a 21"- you may need longer arms, from a Jackpot say, but the profile of the fender is OK).

You may still need to do some shimming as stated above however.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I trial fitted an XC//Hammer front wheel (theyre the same wheel I think) 130/70/18
to my Vegas before I pulled the forks down the other night.
It fitted great, would give me more rubber on the road, my vegas disc rotor would bolt on, but it'd give me even less ground clearance.
Right hub width though using Vegas spacers...here it is!
Went back to my 21" but

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a few things that are different from the Hammer to Jackpot/Vegas wheels. The first being that the Hammer is typically a dual rotor setup while the Vegas/Jackpot is a single rotor. Vegas/Jackpot wheels are not made to accept a rotor on the right side of the wheel. The second, as you already mentioned is the fender size and mounting setup (easily overcome). Third, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the hubs are different. I believe that the width between the forks on the Vegas/Jackpot is different from the Hammer.
My hammer only has one rotor :(

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
8 Ball Hammers have one rotor, Hammer S has 2- so yours is the same as a Vegas or Jackpot.
mmmm...learn something new every day!
so is this front I got off an XC same as a Hammer S then ?

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
30C here, I'm off for a ride, try out my new forks, thats my excuse:)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
mmmm...learn something new every day!
so is this front I got off an XC same as a Hammer S then ?
Yes XC and Hammer S have 2 rotors and the same rim hubs.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yes XC and Hammer S have 2 rotors and the same rim hubs.
and the rim that takes 130/70/18 ?

hey took my refreshed forked Vegas for a good daytime dry ride today and the front forks are magnificent feel firm but not harsh, compliant but not squishy, more surefooted all round combined with the Progressive rear.
And fork dive under heavy braking is reduced and the bike more stable under brakes.
Just as well cos an old chook in a little yellow car darted out in front of me from a Stop sign and I had to go hard on both brakes and the horn as well as change direction slightly under brakes to avoid her.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
and the rim that takes 130/70/18 ?

hey took my refreshed forked Vegas for a good daytime dry ride today and the front forks are magnificent feel firm but not harsh, compliant but not squishy, more surefooted all round combined with the Progressive rear.
And fork dive under heavy braking is reduced and the bike more stable under brakes.
Just as well cos an old chook in a little yellow car darted out in front of me from a Stop sign and I had to go hard on both brakes and the horn as well as change direction slightly under brakes to avoid her.
What rim MBX? You'd have to check that in any case.

Yeah thats great- I will definitley follow your recommendation thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the exception of the old C bikes. Every Vic FRONT wheel will bolt right on every other Vic. All you need to do is figure out the fender, and brake rotors. No special spacers, or axels needed
Thanks!!! Now I just need to locate a good 21" Anvil wheel to match my rear.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
With the exception of the old C bikes. Every Vic FRONT wheel will bolt right on every other Vic. All you need to do is figure out the fender, and brake rotors. No special spacers, or axels needed
I see the new Magnums front 21" is 3 1/2" wide and runs a 120/70/21 tyre.
my 2010 Vegas has a 21"x 3 1/2" wheel stock (I think), 90/90/21

Can I run the 120/70/21 safely on my stock Vegas rim??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts