Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just looking for a little advise or do's/dont's on upgrading to a 21" front wheel. Not looking to change the rake or anything so that's why I'm considering only a 21". Here's a few questions.
1. How much will it change my ride?
2. More or less wind?
3. Will the front fender need modified?
Any other input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Don't need to change the rake for a 23" on a Hammer- do you on XC? If not you should do the 23"- it looks so much better than the 21" and completes the look of the XC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. Not much at all. I think it's just as easy to turn and handles road as well as the stock wheel
2. You may get a little more wind from underneath, but I noticed no difference at my eye level
3. You need a new fender as the stock one is designed for the stock rim

I like my 21. I find that it tracks better than my old stock rim. Plus I think that the xc looks nicer with a bigger rim

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
229 Posts
Putting a 21" on the front wont change the ride much at all. it raises the front of the bike 1 1/2" so the center of gravity will change ever so slightly, you should be able to adjust to it within 5 minutes of riding.
The wind buffeting wont change at all.
The factory fender is made to fit an 18. Unless you know how to stretch a fender the right way, or have access to someone who does, you will need a new fender.
Hotvic.com offers a wheel, tire & fender package that includes a fender, painted to match, using factory paint. it also comes with the necessary spacers and mounting hardware.

Regarding a 23" wheel. You would need to add raked trees to get it to ride right. Hotvic.com also offers this as a package, as well as one for a 26" wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts