Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having trouble deciding on installing a 21 or 23" front wheel on my new XC? Is there that much of a difference in appearance? If anyone has photos or any feedback it would be appreciated. I'm going on Friday to order one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
597 Posts
Racking my brain as well!
And THEN there are so many different styles:crzy::crzy::crzy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Please take a look at this thread http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=65018 Dustin0479 has installed a 23" and has good pics. He would be a great person to ask about why he went there instead of 21". Good luck with whichever you choose. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Do the 23".

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went with the 23. I like the look of a little extra rake. The only con I can find with the 23 is that your bike will lean more on the stand. The 23 with the 6 degree trees will put your bike 1 inch higher in the front than stock, so it does make it heavier to get off the stand.

A 21 with the trees would be back at stock height. HMD is making a new tree for the 23 that rakes it a little more and is supposed to keep the bike at stock height and eliminate the need for the travel limiters in the forks, but you do have to lower the rear end.

Either way you go be prepared to spend way more that you budget, because it will mushroom. Cost of Vic paint, labor(unless you can wrench), special Vic only tool to torque the stem, matching rotors, etc…...

Almost forgot, if you go with a 23 you only have two options for tires - Avon or Vee Rubber. Have heard that others are supposed to start making the larger sizes, but when I did it those were the only two available.

·
13,038 Posts
so if you raise the front end by 3" or 5" will you be able to adjust your headlight down enough. What about kick stand.

·
Registered
95 Posts
so if you raise the front end by 3" or 5" will you be able to adjust your headlight down enough. What about kick stand.
I could not get it to the exact spec called for with the 23 and raked trees. Got real close - about 1 inch or so off of what is called for in the manual. The new HMD trees are supposed to correct that by changing the angle of the fairing back to stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts