Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just want to get peoples input on this. I am 22 years old and used to have a Harley Road King Classic. I totaled that bike a little more then a year ago and a few weeks ago bought a crotch rocket. I hate the thing. I have been looking into the Victory Vision and found a nice left over with heated handgrips and auto windshield for a good price. I just want to see what people think about a 22 year old riding "an old man" bike, as some people say.

Thanks for your input in advance, I wont take offense to honesty. I if the financials work out I think i'm getting it regardless, but just curious of peoples thoughts.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Ride what you want don't worry about what other think because in the end you need to feel good about your purchase.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Since you'll be paying for it,I guess the question should be,how do you like it?How will you feel riding a comfortable,powerfull,well built American bike? I say screw what other people think!thumb up

·
13,247 Posts
Go for it you'll just be head of the game and think of the places you can go and see.
Put a hotty on the back and ride off into the sun set.
Her ass wouldn't hurt and will want another ride. thumb up

·
Registered
221 Posts
Damn! I love custom paint jobs!!
This is going to cost me a fortune!
But the way I see it, I have no kids, so there's no reason to leave my money laying aorund whne I'm dead. I want the last check I ever write to bounce! :ltr:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Never to young to ride a vision! I have a jackpot at 22 years old I love the thing, but i never pass up the chance to ride my fathers vision its a great bike and I enjoy the thing to death. If he had that before i bought the JP i would be riding a vision for sure. You ride what you like who cares what others think. You build your bike to YOUR taste not others, should be the same with what you ride! and i am the same way you are, was riding a R6 terrible ride but it was a bike, now that i bought a victory i have a great balance between power and comfort. buy what you will enjoy riding.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Old enough!

Generally young riders ride cheaper bikes because usually they don't have as much buying power as later in their life. Can a 22 year old drive a Cadillac and enjoy it? Oh, yes! Same should apply with a Vision. ;)

Choosing a bike based on stereotypes would only make you a poser - so don't. And then you ride the bike you weren't in love with, but everybody thought it was the right bike for you. Who cares? Get the bike you love, and don't total it this time. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I just want to get peoples input on this. I am 22 years old and used to have a Harley Road King Classic. I totaled that bike a little more then a year ago and a few weeks ago bought a crotch rocket. I hate the thing. I have been looking into the Victory Vision and found a nice left over with heated handgrips and auto windshield for a good price. I just want to see what people think about a 22 year old riding "an old man" bike, as some people say.

Thanks for your input in advance, I wont take offense to honesty. I if the financials work out I think i'm getting it regardless, but just curious of peoples thoughts.
First, buy the bike.
Second, yes you are too young to ride it. In the interest of your appearence as a viral, manly man, you need to then send this bike to me. I will protect you from yourself.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I know exactly how you feel, and why you're asking others.

I ride a badass Hammer S and love it, but I did sit on a Vision and fell in love. Seriously, that is one amazing bike.

And I'm just under 40 and dealt with the same feelings. While I liked the bike, I'm simply going to look out of place on it, it doesn't "fit me".

You might want to seriously consider looking at the Cross Roads and also at the Cross Country. I think they'll give you the feel you want, without feeling out of place. I am looking at buying a Cross Roads right now myself. If I were riding a Vision, it would look like I robbed a senior citizen and took his ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you can swing the price go for it. I've always tried to make my sport bikes into more touring bikes. Sometimes I think I should have went for it and just got the Goldwing and made my payments. At age 15 (1984) I fell in love with the Wing and wanted one ever since. Never got one, but I own a 2010 Vision. It is great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nah, you're fine. I was 23 when I bough my 06 KP and love it. The only bike I would trade it for is a Cross Country! If you can afford it, buy the bike you want, screw what everyone else thinks. I ride with mostly sport bikes, but I don't have to visit the chiropractor after every long ride! Go for it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
exactly!!

I know exactly how you feel, and why you're asking others.

I ride a badass Hammer S and love it, but I did sit on a Vision and fell in love. Seriously, that is one amazing bike.

And I'm just under 40 and dealt with the same feelings. While I liked the bike, I'm simply going to look out of place on it, it doesn't "fit me".

You might want to seriously consider looking at the Cross Roads and also at the Cross Country. I think they'll give you the feel you want, without feeling out of place. I am looking at buying a Cross Roads right now myself. If I were riding a Vision, it would look like I robbed a senior citizen and took his ride.
you hit the nail on the head.cheers

I understand what you all say about not caring about others think, but I am curious as to others thoughts.

Thanks for everyones thoughtsthumb up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts