Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealership this morning and they had a new Cross Country with a 23-inch front end. I think this looks fricking awesome! ImageUploadedByMO Free1385236747.604066.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Did they have to put on a rake kit? How much did this add to the price of the bike? Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did have to put a rake kit on. The whole mod was was around $2200 I believe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
2200 is an absolute steal!! I just ordered my 23. 1500 for rotor n wheel and wheel was a blem, minor knick so won't even be noticeable. Tire is 170 Dyna beads 20. Still have to find a fender, anywhere from 250 to 400. Ness trees/rake kit 900. Oh n I think the abs ring is about 150. No labor yet. So like I said that's a steal.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
2200 is an absolute steal!! I just ordered my 23. 1500 for rotor n wheel and wheel was a blem, minor knick so won't even be noticeable. Tire is 170 Dyna beads 20. Still have to find a fender, anywhere from 250 to 400. Ness trees/rake kit 900. Oh n I think the abs ring is about 150. No labor yet. So like I said that's a steal.
I was thinking the same thing! I can't get the stuff wholesale for that much (not even counting the labor!). It looks like they did a good job matching the stock custom paint too. What a STEAL!
I agree the 23" is a great look for the X bikes. The wife wants me to get it, but I am not sure about risking the great handling of the stock bike. I have heard it makes the steering a bit heavier, and I don't think that would be all bad. Sometimes I think my XC is a bit too light (probably because of coming from HD). I have ridden a XC with the 26" and it had noticeably less suspension travel. You have to lose some travel to avoid fender to fairing contact. I don't think the 23" is the same.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Correction, that abs ring is 250.
Dammit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My buddy did the 23" total was closer to $5000

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Coastal victory has a full kit to go to a 23" rim with everything you need. Wheel, tire, painted to match fender, abs ring, triple clamps, and the limiting spacers to keep the fender from hitting the fairing. Most put together kit i have seen and a good price. $3750.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
They did have to put a rake kit on. The whole mod was was around $2200 I believe.
Are you CERTAIN the wheel itself wasn't what cost $2,200? The rake kit, fender and all added to that base "starting" price?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Coastal victory has a full kit to go to a 23" rim with everything you need. Wheel, tire, painted to match fender, abs ring, triple clamps, and the limiting spacers to keep the fender from hitting the fairing. Most put together kit i have seen and a good price. $3750.
That's true! But that doesn't include labor. Plus my buddy bought a Ness wheel. Totaled close to $5,000.00

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Surprisingly enough that wheel is only 1250.
OK but then add the Tire, Fender & TripleTrees he's over that $2,200 mark but I could be wrong, it has happened before thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
For sure you're right this time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the price the salesman said but I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't correct because he knew I wasn't there to buy anything other than an oil filter. It was a Saturday and the place was busy as hell. I more or less wanted to show how cool that damn bike looked. Hopefully a 23 will be in my future over the next couple years.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I hope to be ready for spring.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts