Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the deal. Ready to pull the trigger on a 23" wheel, rake kit blah blah blah. Wanted to ask others before I do how is it driving with one??? I average about 6-7,000 a j year & don't plan on changing that but don't wanna spend 4,000 to make my bike drive like ****. I know it'll steer heavier but just want to know it'll still drive well. Opinions are welcome but need some response from paying customers. Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ok, so here's the deal. Ready to pull the trigger on a 23" wheel, rake kit blah blah blah. Wanted to ask others before I do how is it driving with one??? I average about 6-7,000 a j year & don't plan on changing that but don't wanna spend 4,000 to make my bike drive like ****. I know it'll steer heavier but just want to know it'll still drive well. Opinions are welcome but need some response from paying customers. Thank you in advance
I would try to ride one first hand , you may hate what someone else loves .... Its a lot of money too , that is very difficult to re-coupe when selling / trading . I would want to know I love it . JMHO . Good luck Brother .

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the deal. I've ridden the magnum & like the feel. A little heavier but easily adjustable to. Just not sure. Figured I'd ask.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

23" wheel will feel heavy in slow speed situations. Once your up to speed the bike rides beautifully. I have a 21" and have rode an XC with a 23" for 60 miles or so. I couldn't tell the difference. The 26" I rode was a little different story... It felt very rough. The only advice I have for you is "Vicbaggers".

·
Banned
471 Posts
Send me a PM....

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yep send him a pm. He has the inside most up to date skinny on Vic custom parts n gets all his **** for free.

Check Witchdoctors, VicBaggers n Rusty Jones as well as Mike at HMD520. Each one will put together a competent well designed package. Double check also regarding fairing re alignment. Some provide different fairing mounts others provide spacers and there is also a headlight tilt bracket. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I live about half an hour from VicBaggers. I am considering going with one of their backbones (stock rake) that has their torque tubes. Don't want to spend the $$ on a larger wheel/fender/paint. With the cams,pcv, and rev-extend, all I'll need is a new dyno tune for the added air intake.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Yep send him a pm. He has the inside most up to date skinny on Vic custom parts n gets all his **** for free.

Check Witchdoctors, VicBaggers n Rusty Jones as well as Mike at HMD520. Each one will put together a competent well designed package. Double check also regarding fairing re alignment. Some provide different fairing mounts others provide spacers and there is also a headlight tilt bracket. Good luck!
Pompous. ..self serving....condescending. ....misinformed. ...childish. ...duschebag. ...that looks like yosemite Sam....

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Pompous. ..self serving....condescending. ....misinformed. ...childish. ...duschebag. ...that looks like yosemite Sam....
Thanks for the compliments bob but they don't mean much coming from you. I've been called worse things by bigger self serving a$$holes than you. Does your dick touch your arshole? I'm sure it does. Oh and you misspelled douche.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Thanks for the compliments bob but they don't mean much coming from you. I've been called worse things by bigger self serving a$$holes than you. Does your dick touch you arshole? I'm sure it does. Oh and you misspelled douche.
You have been called worse....

Why is that not hard to belive....

So I would guess I'm not the only one that knows you have issues....

·
13,002 Posts
now you have to find out about raking your frame adjusting your headlight. With the uphill effect where will be your oil full line be.
Going to a 23" wheel that's like raising your front end 2 1/2" so would you like that look.
Put a 2x4 under kickstand and one under your front wheel to see what you think.
Yes in the parking lot garage the front end will be floppy

·
Banned
471 Posts
I would be more worried about spelling your superlatives correctly ...:ltr:
Mags, thanks for your feedback on my spelling. ....

How about some personal feedback on a 23 kit? "O" that's right....you don't have any....:eek

But does that stop you from giving your opinion.....noooooo.....:soapbox:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mags, thanks for your feedback on my spelling. ....

How about some personal feedback on a 23 kit? "O" that's right....you don't have any....:eek

But does that stop you from giving your opinion.....noooooo.....:soapbox:
:ltr: You make me laugh !:nanana:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I don't get my goodies for free like you do , it takes me longer ...:p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys dating or what. How bout a little less hate & some more info. Please

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
now you have to find out about raking your frame adjusting your headlight. With the uphill effect where will be your oil full line be.
Going to a 23" wheel that's like raising your front end 2 1/2" so would you like that look.
Put a 2x4 under kickstand and one under your front wheel to see what you think.
Yes in the parking lot garage the front end will be floppy
No the axle is not raised 2.5". The rake takes some of the extra ride height out. Headlight adjustment on mine is spot on with the factory screws (no shims necessary).
Here was my initial review from another post
"I got about 100 miles on it yesterday, and at cruising speeds I can tell a slight bit of difference between the stock and the 23". I think the turn-in is slightly heavier (as would be expected since the larger wheel has more gyroscopic effect), but once in the turn it feels more stable/planted. To be honest I was a bit concerned about doing the big wheel (even though the wife said "those wheels look sexy, you should get one"). I didn't want to risk the GREAT stock handling. I think I am going to be more pleased with it as time goes by. I still need a bit of practice at low speeds (u turns mainly), but it feels less "tippy" at stoplights/stop signs as well. I will report back once I get a chance to really push it in the twisties."

I have since taken it to the Dragon 3 times and put 17000 miles on the setup. Needless to say, I RIDE this bike. I am completely comfortable with the ride and handling. Low speed is not an issue now after a bit of practice. U-turns take a bit more space due to less steering lock, but I can still get the job done.
It gets looks and thumbs up every where I go. Rarely do I return to the house after a ride without a positive comment. I would do it again in a SECOND.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually, the axle is raised 2.5" but with the raked trees, the wheel is moved forward, leveling things out somewhat. I have the KM 8* trees with a 23, and the bike definitely leans more on the kickstand which I need to address. I agree with the assessment from luvmyride. Parking lot manuevers are a bit tougher, but once moving and especially in the twisties, it's on rails. In my opinion, the 23 is a great compromise between looks and handling as anything bigger, in my opinion, would take away too much of the later.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts