Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks I spent 25 years on only 2 Harleys. I rode dirt since I was 10 years old and got my first street bike when I was 24 in 1991, an 87 Sportster. Then moved on to a 99 Fatboy which I have riding up until this fall.

I always said by the time I was 50 I would have a touring bike, so I went tire kicking in the fall. Took a Street Glide out for a ride and then went to the Victory Dealer and took out a Cross Country.

Well the Harley radio was better and the exhaust sounded better, but everything else went to the Victory. My Fatboy had 40k on it and me and the boys do one 1500 to 2000 mile road trip every year, so all signs pointed to the Victory for overall comfort and performance. I was as hard core of a Harley rider as you'll find, but I couldn't deny superior engineering.

Anyone want to buy $1K worth of XL Harley Tee’s?

Love the bike, I've dropped it 1.5" and upgraded the audio to 6.75” Alpines and an Alpine amp.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Seems there's more and more "die-hard" Harley owners moving over to Victory ... and now Indian too!

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome to the mayhem.
Now, when the snow melts get on that thing and ride it.
cheers

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
only one

had a sportster 06 XL1200L, upgraded suspension + brakes + other personalizations to the tune of 4G, wanted something better as it being top heavy + fork flop issues. tested a new 13 dyna super glide, good lookin but same poor brakes + suspension as my porkster had. tested an 08 premium hammer, a beauty with the squarish old style dunlop 250, no trades said the car dealer that sold a few bikes, kept lookin for a Hammer S close to home, my preowned 13 Hammer surfaced at a fairly close Harley dealer, i traded the porkster + got a great deal on a great bike, still can't believe it feels lighter + handles better than my upgraded porkster. i also gave away a "few" harley T-shirts, purchased several Vic items for sure!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
My buddy down the street got all my shirts and whatever parts he wanted, We even swapped leather jackets...his had no logos or patches...i liked it better anyway...no it has a big ole Victory logo on it.
Couldn't be happier
Welcome to the club cheers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Congratulations on putting the coolaid down ;) You're going to love your new ride. It'll out handle and out perform the other model you considered...easily. You made the right choice. I think we all considered HD but we actually went for the better bike not the better name. When you're ready for some more power visit http://www.lloydz.com/store/store_results.asp?ShopByStyle=5&Section=X-Road,+X-Country you'll find everything you need to beat up on just about any bike you want.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yep, 30 years on HD's for me. Finally graduated to a XCT

·
Registered
179 Posts
I traded in my 2011 wrx sportster for a 2013 Crossroads Classic. I wanted a bagger and had a lemon with the xrx, great bike but way too many issues on a new bike, bottom end rebuilt at 6,000 miles, oil leaks, expanding gas tanks, electrical problems and more. Needless to say I was afraid to buy another Harley so I got a Victory because I love the styling, performance and reliability. 16k miles later I'm still loving it. I will not I don't think most Harleys have as many problems I had, I'm sure I got a lemon. Congrats on your Cross Country.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congratulations on your ride. It's always nice to get a new bike. We will be looking forward to the pics !.

We also own a Fatboy.... purchased new in 2007

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
I took the quantum leap and never owned a Harley,
Was looking at getting one in my old age,
But on good advice from my mate at Burleigh Bars,
I started researching Victory and checking out thr used market.
My 2010 Vegas came up on Gumtree, flew to Melbourne the next day cashed up and rode her 1200 miles home over three thrilling and very satisfying days.
Now some 30,000 plus miles later I'm possibly the happiest man on the planet and Im off for a night ride.
Congratulations on your choice.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well folks I spent 25 years on only 2 Harleys. I rode dirt since I was 10 years old and got my first street bike when I was 24 in 1991, an 87 Sportster. Then moved on to a 99 Fatboy which I have riding up until this fall.

I always said by the time I was 50 I would have a touring bike, so I went tire kicking in the fall. Took a Street Glide out for a ride and then went to the Victory Dealer and took out a Cross Country.

Well the Harley radio was better and the exhaust sounded better, but everything else went to the Victory. My Fatboy had 40k on it and me and the boys do one 1500 to 2000 mile road trip every year, so all signs pointed to the Victory for overall comfort and performance. I was as hard core of a Harley rider as you'll find, but I couldn't deny superior engineering.

Anyone want to buy $1K worth of XL Harley Tee’s?

Love the bike, I've dropped it 1.5" and upgraded the audio to 6.75” Alpines and an Alpine amp.
Welcome...and I kept my HD jackets and Tees. Look good, fit great, and I love the reactions I get when HD riders pull up next to me and see me wearing one, but I'm on a Vic.

Hey, I wear Polo shirts too, and I don't play Polo.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
proud to wear the Vic shirts

having purchased several items of Vic apparel i find that a lot of harley riders turn their noses up when they see them. going into a local healthfood store for my weekly supply of raw milk, guy gets out of his truck, harley logo'd to the max, looking my way i nodded a hello, had a vic tee on, he looked at me then looked the other way!!! jealous i suspect. i feel the Vic's are better bikes but i am friendly to all riders, + enjoy seeing other lesser seen rides.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Eh, keep the t-shirts and stuff.

We wear them, no matter what we happen to be riding for the day.

We wear whatever is next on the closet rack.

Last week it was a Moto Guzzi shirt, riding a Kawasaki.

:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, I never introduced myself.

I wasn't much of a forum guy with the Harley, never needed to be I knew what I was going. I always said if you can work on a lawnmower engine you can work on a carbureted Harley. This bike is all new to me and could use all the help I can get if I run into issues.

Thanks Guys,cheers
Norm, from Berkley, MA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts