Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Here I am with the usual dose of vinegar - sorry! To my old fashioned eye this is looking like one of those kids tricycles with an oversized front wheel. Are they bored at Kewlmetal or have they run out of creative ideas? There's a limit on where a bigger wheel looks better, and IMHO this project goes beyond that limit.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Someone has to be working on a 30" front wheel by now. What's taking so long?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Someone has to be working on a 30" front wheel by now. What's taking so long?
if you are waiting for a 30" vic wheel, i would not hold your breath. all of the 30's i have seen, without exception, have been on hd-based non-ridden show bikes. i ride mine, so i consider 26 a max.
i just can't see myself heeled over at 100 with a 30. the 26 wants to stand up so badly at 80 most would be unable to ride it other than in a straight line.

we have not yet progressed into the unrideable, show-only vic world.
however, if someone want to sponser me i'd build one in a heart beat... come on 30!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
if you are waiting for a 30" vic wheel, i would not hold your breath. all of the 30's i have seen, without exception, have been on hd-based non-ridden show bikes. i ride mine, so i consider 26 a max.
i just can't see myself heeled over at 100 with a 30. the 26 wants to stand up so badly at 80 most would be unable to ride it other than in a straight line.

we have not yet progressed into the unrideable, show-only vic world.
however, if someone want to sponser me i'd build one in a heart beat... come on 30!
LOL... I am happy with 18" for my ride. I'm not crazy about the look of these huge wheels. But I guess there are folks out there who like that look.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yea,kind of like car rims nowdays they keep getting
bigger and bigger,before long they will have to extend
the axles out from under the car and it will look like a
stagecoach!:crzy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts