Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
26" Wheel on a XC... sits about at factory height. Rides like a dream. No heavy feeling... handles like stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
26" inch rims.....

Not just fo' primer gray Cutlass Supremes and Caprices, now fo' motorcycles yo!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks good

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, HMD Wicked bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
41 Posts
Front end looks good but now the back end kills the overall look.. unless you give the back end some bigger shoes this won't work (for me that is)...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
That big ol' rim makes the bike look kind of goofy IMO but that is just me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks amazing. I agree that it's not for me, but I still think it looks great. Very custom and unique. I would consider doing do a 21", but that's tall enough for me. Great looking bike.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What's the old sayin--"if you can't say something nice don't say anything !"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok, fine.....

I really like the back tire. It looks functional and sturdy.

Here's a band-aid........

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Looks amazing. I agree that it's not for me, but I still think it looks great. Very custom and unique. I would consider doing do a 21", but that's tall enough for me. Great looking bike.
Im with you! Not a big wheel guy, 21" and a little rake and id be good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
566 Posts
Maybe if you're in church or something...

In the real world, constructive criticism can be useful, and that's just what everyone's contributed. This definitely looks very unique and interesting and it sure as heck will draw attention (and comments). But, the front and back tires do seem visually out of sync somehow. Maybe it's just a matter of getting the same profile tire?! Or maybe it's just the angle of the camera?! Dunno.

A lot of times you don't know how things will come out till you try, and this definitely is the first 26in tire bike I have ever seen. cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
HMD, how much for a rake kit like that? Do you have them that can still run the stock front wheel, so just a couple degrees? How many degrees is the one in the pic? How about for a 21" front? If I were to do one I would go to a 21 at most, even just a couple degrees with the stock front would help lower it a tad. thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes this is not for everyone.. but this kit is designed to allow you to add a 23" or in this case a 26" rim.. without cutting the neck ( bolt on kit). The ride and handling is very close to stock. You can actually make a u turn with ease. Handle well in the turns and low speeds. As for the rear tire. When we add stretched bags you wont even see the rear wheel. So why spend money on something you wont see?
Our rake kit is not built for the 21" wheel.. .sorry.

Here is a pic of the 23" set up below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Thanks for the reply, how much rake does it add? Is it just a set of triple trees or more to it? Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I don't believe you need to do any rake to add a 21" wheel... If you buy a 120/70 r21 it only adds 3/4 of an inch which equates to 3/8" to your ride height. All I have to say is where are all the FAT BAGGER fans? I rode an SG with a 30" wheel and it handled great. As soon as I am done building the Highball I am going to build a KP bagger with at least a 23" wheel maybe a 26",

1 - 19 of 19 Posts