Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2000 V92TC out for a ride last week for the first time since winter set in. Bike ran good as usual but I noticed it was hard to get in 2nd gear. Didn't seem to want to shift in easy but didn't want to pop out of gear. Now I know I need to change my oil since it's due and I used Castrol Synthetic Blend at the time because I didn't know what oil wold be best at the time. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I would change the oil to verify if there is a problem first. If it still has that problem, then look into the possibility of transmission problems. Obviously, you know the '99-'01 transmission problems. Did yours get the fix for the early trans problems? If not, you could be in for a very expensive repair/replace.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't think anyone makes the upgrade kit for those transmissions anymore, but I could be wrong. If it is the trans going out, look up Pinwall Cycle. They have a bunch of parts for Vic's and last time I looked they had a complete 2003 engine. It should swap right in

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I buy a lot of parts off of Pinwal but if it is the transmission then it's Bye Bye for that bike. To bad because I love that bike but Victory should have recalled every Victory they sold to keep they're reputation.
Let's hope for the best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck, keep us updated
Ok I changed the oil but that didn't fix anything. It's not bad, you just have to make sure you hit second gear, I use my heel and it goes into gear. Guess I'll look into talking to Rylan for one of his tranny rebuilds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I changed the oil but that didn't fix anything. It's not bad, you just have to make sure you hit second gear, I use my heel and it goes into gear. Guess I'll look into talking to Rylan for one of his tranny rebuilds.
Yep, it's the tranny, options, options, options.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You could find someone to rebuild the trans. You could swap in a newer motor w trans. You could sell that bike and get a 2003-up. None of the options are cheap, it sucks that your trans is going out. I know how you feel, my engine died 2 days after I bought my bike lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking of pulling the motor out myself and getting the tranny rebuilt if it can be upgraded with a stronger tranny. I really don't want to sell the bike because who would want to buy a bike with a bad tranny?

Does anybody know if that tranny be upgraded?
What year Freedom motor would work for my bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Took my SC into my Victory dealer. I called him and told him my problem and he told me one of his customers tried to mount forward controls on his V92 and in the process had the same problem but still jammed into 2nd gear consequently bending the shift fork. I told him I tried to mount forward controls but gave up and went back with my stock controls but wouldn't ride the bike until I had it looked at. Turns out that it just needed the shift linkage adjusted, 102.00 total cost, Woo Hoo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts