Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still no replies to my 1st post so I'll only ask for 2 pieces of advice instead of 4. :eek:

I am looking to raise the rear ride height with maybe a spacer on the rear shock?
Has any one raised the ride height on their Highball?

I want to fit a screen - not too large or tall, just enough to take a bit of the windblast off my chest.
Can anyone recommend a screen as the only one I can find is the Victory Lock & Ride one which is £300 + £150 for the brackets!!:(

Any info would be greatly appreciated......thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Why do you want to raise it? Penske progressive shock will improve your ride and raise it a little. If you find a stock suspension link from a Vegas I believe it will raise it an inch. What will you be gaining from raising it?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
There are many aftermarket screens that will fit your bike. Anything that fits the Vegas, or Gunner works on your Highball.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ride height

I want to raise it to allow for 2 up riding without the suspension bottoming out all the time and when riding solo it will quicken the steering up for cornering.

I can only find MRA screens as an aftermarket part in the UK and they just attach to the handlebars and look awful.

Just changing the suspension links or 'dog bones' for 1" wouldn't be enough, it really needs at least 2".

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think your best bet to raise it would be to get Hagon to make you a custom shock, might cost you a bit though. I have also been looking for a screen but the only thing that looks half decent and is quick release is the oem parts sadly and the price has put me off as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've found a post on here that says the Kingpin shock is 2" taller and have found one on eBay in the US- eBay item number:351276410033 - but the guy hasn't responded to 2 requests for the measurement from the centre of the mounting points so I don't know?
Doe anyone else know the measurement?
Yeh, getting a Hagon will be pricey!
The oem screen is a rip! £299 for a hideous screen then another £150 for the brackets!!
The MRA ones look a bit crap as they just attach to the bars......

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Did you ajust your shockbreaker and make is more stiff so compressing the spring will stop your bike from bottoming out ??

See the tool i use ?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could do that but it will only stiffen the shock so I'll lose most of the damping and make it bounce off the bumps and jar my back. :(

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Well i stiffened the shock coz i did not wanted to "hit" the speed bumps with the engine.... Now i put it back to original and my back is still fine??

Try it and then decline ?? Up to you my friend ?? Could not hurt to try ??

:beer:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give it a go! :)
the tool you posted a pic of is what I would call a C spanner and I have one to adjust the suspension on my Sons motocross bike. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
It is worth a try with the spanner, before changing chocks or to shorter links that will raise the bike ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts